Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternative to Hydro-glow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alternative to Hydro-glow

Does anyone know a solid alternative to the hydroglow? I have been buying the two foot green lights from BPS but they break so easy. I am convinced that green is better as my catch rates have greatly increased since I started using the green light. I want something durable and maybe something that I can change the bulb myself if it breaks. Any ideas?

Okeespec

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Whats causing the BPS lights to break so easily? Just curious as I was looking at trying one. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased a light off Ebay that has bounced around my boat most of the summer and still works great. It came with a clear and green sleeve. I can't recall the exact name but they are still on there. Just do a search for underwater lights.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure but I think putting the battery clips on the right polarity is important. I had one that went bad on my second trip, but I think I hooked up the clips on the wrong battery terminals. The replacement is still working all right after 3 trips.
    Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men...Matt 4:19

Post Thanks / Like

Default Problem with BPS light

It is a great light when it works. The problem is I am clumsy and the bulb breaks easy. I don't mind the bulb breaking, the problem is that the bulb isn't replaceable. I would like to be able to change my own bulb.

HEY BTTMLINE - I have looked at those lights on ebay. They are like $100 bucks right? I exchanged an email or two with the guy who makes em in Georgia. Have you ever tried to replace a bulb? Was it easy?

Post Thanks / Like

jumping chola jigs makes a green light that appears to be indestructable. it uses three led lights that throw out the light. im truing one they sent me to run through the mill for em and i gotta say its an impressive light
    http://jumpingchollajigs.com/

the light im trying is the round one called an Aurora.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by okeespec
    It is a great light when it works. The problem is I am clumsy and the bulb breaks easy. I don't mind the bulb breaking, the problem is that the bulb isn't replaceable. I would like to be able to change my own bulb.

HEY BTTMLINE - I have looked at those lights on ebay. They are like $100 bucks right? I exchanged an email or two with the guy who makes em in Georgia. Have you ever tried to replace a bulb? Was it easy?
    As rango said ours is pretty much impossible to break and there is NEVER a reason to replace any "bulb". In our demo's we use the light, while on, to hammer a 16d nail through a board without hurting it. We believe it is the way of the future for all, but getting the word out has been difficult.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Cholla Jigs
    As rango said ours is pretty much impossible to break and there is NEVER a reason to replace any "bulb". In our demo's we use the light, while on, to hammer a 16d nail through a board without hurting it. We believe it is the way of the future for all, but getting the word out has been difficult.
    So how much does your lights cost?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aurora Fishing Light Question

I have seen this before but it looks so out there that I strayed away from it. Does it really give as much light as a tube light? how much does it cost and where can they be purchased? Is it green light?

okeespec

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

It costs $119 at all vendors which are listed on our web page. Yes it is very green, and yes, it puts out more light for less energy then any known flourescent light.

Do you agree rango?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast