Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Website to View Lakes with GPS Capabilities??

Post Thanks / Like

Question Website to View Lakes with GPS Capabilities??

A guy was telling me that he knows of a website where you can view the underwater topography of a lake and get the GPS coordinates simply by moving the cursor over a feature.
    Is there such a website or is this guy full of it!
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Navionics has a program for your PC, but its not free. I know of no site that gives out lake contours for all lakes and also allows waypoint coordinates. I think your buddy was exaggerating.........there are several contour maps for free online but if there is a site with all of them together that allows you to mark coordinates for free to plug into your unit please tell me......I don't think it exists though.
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

My thinking exactly!
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  51.6 KB

Like this? Lat & Lon cordinates in the bottom right corner. I just move the mouse courser over the stumps and it gives me the cordinates. Program into Humminbird and catch fish of that stump. The website is Angling technologies and cost $14.99 a year. They have some free features but not the lake contours. Me subscription will be up in Oct and I'll renew.

I wish the picture would show up larger. Can't hardly see the contour lines or cordinates

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabbandit View Post
    A guy was telling me that he knows of a website where you can view the underwater topography of a lake and get the GPS coordinates simply by moving the cursor over a feature.
    Is there such a website or is this guy full of it!
    Keep looking , it's out there.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody that knows for sure about this please chime in. Some people just aren't that willing to help out there fellow crappie fishermen.
    Steak Of The Lake,Yumm

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I'm talking about! Us crappie fishermen need to help each other out especially the new guys that are asking for help from the seasoned guys.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieKeeper View Post
    Anybody that knows for sure about this please chime in. Some people just aren't that willing to help out there fellow crappie fishermen.
    Ive already said it........NAVIONICS is one, along with a few more that can easily be found with a simple google search, but they are not free, a fee is required. If there is a site that gives out FREE DETAILED lake contour maps with waypoint marking capability, I will eat crow. If this was the case Navionics and Lakemaster would go out of business. You dont spend millions on creating the maps to just give them away for free......
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Young Gun View Post
    Ive already said it........NAVIONICS is one, along with a few more that can easily be found with a simple google search, but they are not free, a fee is required. If there is a site that gives out FREE DETAILED lake contour maps with waypoint marking capability, I will eat crow. If this was the case Navionics and Lakemaster would go out of business. You dont spend millions on creating the maps to just give them away for free......
    Agreed, I use Google Earth to find stuff in our lakes here. With them being flood control he pics at winter pool show alot of structure that is unwater this time of the year and the cords come up for where ever the mouse is.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Not cool Nimrod, not cool at all.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 05-30-2013 at 10:40 PM. Reason: quoted message removed
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast