Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: You big dummy

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default You big dummy

Sometimes one just has to laugh at themself. Today was a perfect day to go to Weiss Lake and go Crappie fishing. The full moon is tomorrow, winds at 2mph, sum my and temps about 78 degrees. My friend and I loaded the boat at 6am and drive the 125 miles to Weiss.

We got ready to put the boat in the water and you guessed what happened. Somebody named "Old Ship" left the key to the boat back at home on the dresser. What could I say but "Sheeskalambooskadarnitallohcrap!"

Anyone with similar experiences they want to share so I won't feel too bad?
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

lol Ship I drove 2hrs one way and got to the water only to find I had left all my tackle at home, rods baits everything .... been there done that at least you had someone to talk to on the way home I was alone on my road trip lol

Post Thanks / Like

We was with a friend that did that a month ago and we ain't gonna let him forget it. Now he keeps an extra ignition key hidden in the boat and we know
    where it is.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bought extra keys yet? My brother left the fuel tank home once. I didn't know the little Isuzu pickups could fly but his did that day.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Drove an hour to the lake and forgot the paddle to the kayak, drove an hour to the same lake, back up to the boat in the locker, no hitch, it was on the floor of the garage back home from hauling the kayak carrier the week prior.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Drove 4.5 hrs to blood river with wife and 9 &4year old boys. Got ready to back in and had lost life jacket that had kill switch hooked to it. Had t find both parts to get on the water. Several hrs later we ended up on Jonathan Creek.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep the stories coming folks. It helps to know others have been there and done that. :-) Of course my fishing parten let me hear it all day. We had to bank fish and sure we caught fish, but not like we anticipated from the boat today.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Hate that for ya MIke.....OH yeh....I could tell you lots of things lol.....If it can happen it will lol
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

borrowed the trolling battery from my boat to work on a spare motor went fishing and wondered why trolling motor wouldn't work. looked in battery compartment and that's when I remembered the battery was at home on the motor stand.
    We all do something like that once in a while.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Hate that for ya MIke.....OH yeh....I could tell you lots of things lol.....If it can happen it will lol
    We are all waiting to hear the great "G" 's stories.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast