Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When

Post Thanks / Like

Default When

It's starting to cool off here in Kentuckiana. Just wondering when everyone thought the crappies were going to start back up. Hopefully soon and I will finally be able to get into them. Hoping to make it to Kentucky lake this fall but does not look to promising at the moment. I have not fished in about a month and really raring to get back into it. Going to Hardy Lake this weekend. Hope to get into Catfish and Crappie. Anyone doing any good right now?
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Early signs of fall bite in SW Ohio

We were on Acton near Oxford, OH last weekend and found a dozen or so crappie in about 12 feet of water. Most were on the small side, but I pulled one 11" fish out. Also picked up a couple of channel cats. Most were taken on a black/white tube on a 1/32 oz black ballhead jig tipped with a minnow and cast and retrieved. Tightlined minnow only produced a couple of crappie and one of the cats. - Water temp was 71 when we started and 74 when we quit. -Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Have not been on the lake yet so not sure what the water temps are here. It's been getting down in the upper 50's at night so it should be cooling off pretty good. Thanks for the report.
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 10 miles south of LK MICHIGAN and we are finally gettin a few days of cold and rain.Was out friday, got some on minnows, but they really weren't interested.Saw em' swimming by. HOPEFULLY friday night will be the beginning.

Post Thanks / Like

All this rain we've been getting, coupled with the cool nights should really drop the water temps. If we get out thsi week, I'll update. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I are heading out Friday night doing some camping at the lake. Probably try them more at night. I'll let you know how we do.
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

Default ky river

ky river temp 72 degrees, i have been getting good numbers but small for about a week, using tube tip with minnow suspended around drop offs, going to taylorsville lake friday night i will let you know.
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know anything about your lakes up there, but if there is any grass in them try trolling a jig with your troll motor on about 30%. Find 12'-14' of water with grass with deep water near by and I can't think of any reason you would not find crappie. Also you catch bigger crappie on jigs, at least that is my experience.

Good luck,

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. It just so happens that the lake we are going to is full of grass. Actually I think it has to much grass. Finding it should not be a problem.
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

Started in 12-13 ft. Fished bottom.Spent a hour and nothing.Moved to 19ft. and fished 13ft. got 2 slabs in the first hour and here and there the next hour. 2am started to quit.they started and all we caught were 12-13 inchers for the next couple hours. Got about 35 and they were all 12 inch plus. Dont keep any bigger than that cause they taste fishy. They never quit, we ran out of minnows.By the end, we were fishin' at 7 or 8 ft.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast