Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Deer Creek Results

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deer Creek Results

First time on Deer Creek for the circuit, and I definitely think we should go back!! There are some big white crappie in that lake. Thursday night, Bill and I had some monsters, and Jeff showed me a picture of another one that extended several inches beyond the 12" checker laying beside it. Alot of people were on good fish. But it wouldn't be a tournament if there wasn't a front coming through and a ton of rain fell between Thursday and Saturday morning, mudding up some great areas and dropping the water temperature by 9 degrees. In fact, the lake rose about a foot during the tournament as water continued to pour into the lake from the river and creeks.

Regardless, 20 teams fished the tournament with many new teams that I really enjoyed meeting. Spider riggers did well, and there were some main lake spawners as well as some fish in the cuts and coves, so no one really had problems getting a limit of fish. Many teams weighed in the 6 pound plus area, but 3 teams stood out. Results:

Roger Thacker and Brian Sowers of Circleville and Chillicothe won it all with a weight of 7.49 pounds, taking home $624. They weighed a big fish of 1.15 pounds.

Jeff Tobin and "Weasel" Zimmerman of St Mary's tied with the team of Jeff Lang, Sr and Jeff Lang, Jr of California, KY with a weight of 6.94 pounds. Each team received $258. The Langs weighed a big fish of 1.18 pounds.

Jim and Jason Harrison of Hillsboro won big fish of 1.21 pounds, taking home $200.

As you can tell, teams from all over did well and while a local team won, other placing teams were not from the area, and pound fish were not rare. Even Bill and I managed to find one that went 1.12.

Next stop--CJ Brown on May 18th!!

Post Thanks / Like

Had a great time today.... Enjoyed meeting lots of folks and catching a ton of fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll see Yall at ceasars creek