Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I went from catching nothing to getting my limit every time by doing this.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I went from catching nothing to getting my limit every time by doing this.

This is only my second year crappie fishing, last year I struggled big time. Using minnows barely caught anything. This year I am getting my limit almost every time by doing one thing. I switched to twister tail crappie jigs. It seems to me they are way easier to catch. Numerous times I've pulled up next to minnow fisherman and started pulling the, up right and left while their bite is slow. To all crappie noobs from a crappie noob, ditch the minnows switch to a jig.

Cheers from Ohio.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Tube user all the time. Have out fished minnow fishermen many time sitting right next to them. I tip my jigs with Berkley Crappier Nibbles
    Indiana Crappie Federation Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

This weekend will be my first fishing trip, EVER, without having live bait on board my kayak. I'll be using jigs and micro-spoons only...with nibbles. I grew up on shiners, crickets and worms and not using live bait will definately be a different experience. Hope I've read enough and picked up enough tips here to at least get a few bites.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What is this minnow you speak of?

Post Thanks / Like

minners--don't leave home without em

Post Thanks / Like

minners, I think that's what they call slickies around these parts.

RB

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Frazier View Post
    This is only my second year crappie fishing, last year I struggled big time. Using minnows barely caught anything. This year I am getting my limit almost every time by doing one thing. I switched to twister tail crappie jigs. It seems to me they are way easier to catch. Numerous times I've pulled up next to minnow fisherman and started pulling the, up right and left while their bite is slow. To all crappie noobs from a crappie noob, ditch the minnows switch to a jig.

Cheers from Ohio.
    Welcome from Alabama. Glad you are catching fisih now. Kings Island is an awesome amusement park.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KDAVID1 View Post
    minners--don't leave home without em
    You had better not leave with the minnows in the Pacific Northwest waters. Minnows are not legal and draw a stiff fine if you are caught using them.

Crappie jigs will catch more fish, anyway. With jigs the technique can be changed, such as retrieve speed (or vertical jigging), color, and size. Jigs keep longer in you tackle box and cost less to use. So who would want to use a minnow? .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBledsoe View Post
    You had better not leave with the minnows in the Pacific Northwest waters. Minnows are not legal and draw a stiff fine if you are caught using them.

Crappie jigs will catch more fish, anyway. With jigs the technique can be changed, such as retrieve speed (or vertical jigging), color, and size. Jigs keep longer in you tackle box and cost less to use. So who would want to use a minnow? .
    Jigs catch fishermen...... minnows catch fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBledsoe View Post
    You had better not

Jigs keep longer in you tackle box and cost less to use. So who would want to use a minnow? .
    I would. I use jigs most of the time, but if I am fishing a tournament, I wont leave the ramp without them.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast