Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THANK YOU BACK TO CRAPPIE (Everyone PLEASE read this AMAZING story)

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default THANK YOU BACK TO CRAPPIE (Everyone PLEASE read this AMAZING story)

Folks, we really have some wonderful people here on crappie.com. This is a story of a promise kept! Let me share a story and memories I will cherish unto my dying day about Brian (Backtocrappie) the moderator of the OT forum and a promise he made a year ago.

Backtocrappie knew I had been reading the book "ROOTS" and had watch the tv series many times since the 1980's. I always admired the dignity and the tenacity of Kunta Kinte (Toby) as he never forgot his own roots and beginnings from the village of Juffere in Africe. I had asked Brian to remember me the next time he went fishing in Spotsylvania county Virginia to get me the dirt from which Kunta Kinte tilled with his own hands, lived, and died. About a year later Brian was fishing in the area and let me know he had never forgotten his promise to me. He sent me a pm last week stating "The most logical location is a proposed old family farm on Wallers Road, said to that of John Waller, owner of Kunta Kinte. The land there is still active farm land in use today."

Brian never forgot that promise. He had lost his job. His mom went home to the Kingdom. He lost the use of his left hand. He hurt his back. But, he remembered we prayed together a year ago and he remembered the promise he had made. He sent me this message "I have every reason to believe we found John Waller's farm. This was the key to finding Kunta/Toby. "

Digging dirt 5/4/13
    Wallers Rd, Waller Farm. Spotsylvania county VA. - YouTube

Validating the age of the property: Trees
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXTEX...ature=youtu.be

Please take the time to look at this extraordinary video that he shot at the very place where Kunta Kinte lived, slaved and died and the place where they parked their boat by the side of the road to take time and dig me a jar of dirt that means something special to me. If you have never seen the movie "ROOTS" or read the book "ROOTS" i encourage you to please do so. Ilso please take the time and publically thank Brian with me for representing the character of crappie.com members in such a caring way.

Here is his video. I am also attaching a picture of the book "ROOTS" so you will know what to look for. Thank you Brian for all that you do.

Name:  ROOTS Teach Peace.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  68.4 KB
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

cool
    video 2 dose not work
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina

Post Thanks / Like

I recently rewatched "Roots" and still wonder why mankind is so cruel. I have also wondered if God made the races just to see how we would treat each other, but He already knew that through His omniscience. Very cool story. Thanks.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
    I recently rewatched "Roots" and still wonder why mankind is so cruel. I have also wondered if God made the races just to see how we would treat each other, but He already knew that through His omniscience. Very cool story. Thanks.
    Name:  TEACH PEACE.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  37.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool Ship! Make your heart sing to realize there still are folks that know the meaning of a promise! Thx.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    Folks, we really have some wonderful people here on crappie.com. This is a story of a promise kept! Let me share a story and memories I will cherish unto my dying day about Brian (Backtocrappie) the moderator of the OT forum and a promise he made a year ago.

Backtocrappie knew I had been reading the book "ROOTS" and had watch the tv series many times since the 1980's. I always admired the dignity and the tenacity of Kunta Kinte (Toby) as he never forgot his own roots and beginnings from the village of Juffere in Africe. I had asked Brian to remember me the next time he went fishing in Spotsylvania county Virginia to get me the dirt from which Kunta Kinte tilled with his own hands, lived, and died. About a year later Brian was fishing in the area and let me know he had never forgotten his promise to me. He sent me a pm last week stating "The most logical location is a proposed old family farm on Wallers Road, said to that of John Waller, owner of Kunta Kinte. The land there is still active farm land in use today."

Brian never forgot that promise. He had lost his job. His mom went home to the Kingdom. He lost the use of his left hand. He hurt his back. But, he remembered we prayed together a year ago and he remembered the promise he had made. He sent me this message "I have every reason to believe we found John Waller's farm. This was the key to finding Kunta/Toby. "

Digging dirt 5/4/13
    Wallers Rd, Waller Farm. Spotsylvania county VA. - YouTube

Validating the age of the property: Trees
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXTEX...ature=youtu.be

Please take the time to look at this extraordinary video that he shot at the very place where Kunta Kinte lived, slaved and died and the place where they parked their boat by the side of the road to take time and dig me a jar of dirt that means something special to me. If you have never seen the movie "ROOTS" or read the book "ROOTS" i encourage you to please do so. Ilso please take the time and publically thank Brian with me for representing the character of crappie.com members in such a caring way.

Here is his video. I am also attaching a picture of the book "ROOTS" so you will know what to look for. Thank you Brian for all that you do.

Name:  ROOTS Teach Peace.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  68.4 KB
    Good story Ship. We watched every episode of Roots in the 80's. The storyline was addictive, a must see.

I really like your screen saver, but most of all I like your "budget" notebook. I got one just like it. Young folks ought to pay attention.

Thanks for sharing pal.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Great story and wonderful effort by Back To Crappie.
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Good story Ship. We watched every episode of Roots in the 80's. The storyline was addictive, a must see.

I really like your screen saver, but most of all I like your "budget" notebook. I got one just like it. Young folks ought to pay attention.

Thanks for sharing pal.
    Naaaaa, I will stick with my Powerpoint. Notebooks are so primitive, lol
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post

Thanks for sharing pal.
    Thank you my friend. People do not plan to fail...they just fail to plan! My budget notebook has been on my desk for over 30 years. It has my budget, important birthdays and anniversaries and phone book in it. Southern Young Gun it is computerized and then I have printed out the pages monthly so the wife will always have up to date information where she can find it. lol It is primitive but very effective.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll "NEVER" get rid of my roll-a-dex (paper), it always works, especially when computer crashes .........
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast