Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: marabou crappie jigs

buckn Guest

Default marabou crappie jigs

i'm looking for some marabou type crappie jigs with like thin plastic wings with veins drawn on them. i cant seem to find them anywhere and i cant remember who made them. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks, scott

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

buckn...good to have another member from STL. I'm from there originally but Texas weather go the best of me and I've been here since '95.

You might want to try some of these guys out. If they don't have what you are looking for they will probably be willing to tie some for you. These guys are members of this forum as well. there are others on here so you may want to do a forum search. Good fishing

http://www.thumpitjigs.com/

http://www.jigumjigs.com/

http://www.fishymemories.com/
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Default Never ever ever

I have never caught anything with those jigs do you use them like tubes and grubs?
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buckn...

My buddy's Dad, Jim, makes some killer jigs and he's in Granite City...right across the river...check out his web site...and the pics from Reelfoot...

www.jimbosjigs.com

buckn Guest

thanks, guys those are some nice looking jigs ill probably be using some in the future. the jig i was using was white with a pink head with like some cheapo plastic sheeting with veins proobably drawn on with a marker. I was pretty sure i got them from bass pro but when i asked a guy working there he said, boy i dont know you can look around, but i couldnt find them. i was at mark twain lake last weekend vertical jigging with it and caught my limit in less than an hour with it but then the last day i lost it, and was trying to find some more but not having any luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't find it but I recently read an article about fishing for trout with jigs and they had pics of close to what your talking about. Basically winged flys tied to jigheads. It was either NY game and fish or InFisherman. I have never seen maribou jigs with wings though.
    Good things come to those who bait.

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like