Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Does anyone else do this?

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone else do this?

For several years I have kept a journal of my Crappie fishing trips and info as to weather that day, water temp, clarity of water, wind , tech. I am fishing, number of keeper/throw backs, blacks vs whites and area I'm fishing as well as who if any is fishing with me. I plan on passing it along to the G- Kids??????

Post Thanks / Like

I keep a calendar of total fish caught, keepers caught, water temp., best colors of lures and TARP count if any lol. It has been useful to reference back to. Sometimes a trend can be picked up on. In 2012 my boat and fishermen caught 4,776 Crappie with 1,806 keepers. Out of those totals 37 were 14" or more TARP's.

Very interesting looking back at the same date from year to year.
    Life is good. Fishing is better.

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kingfish. I did leave out the bait I'm fishing and the count total. On days like today I sometimes go back and look at my journal and re-live all these special trips. good to know I'm not the only one doing it. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I started to do this recently as well. I'm also starting to keep photos along with the records of the big slabs so one day I can get reproductions of them. It's also fun to go back and read the entries.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish1 View Post
    I keep a calendar of total fish caught, keepers caught, water temp., best colors of lures and TARP count if any lol. It has been useful to reference back to. Sometimes a trend can be picked up on. In 2012 my boat and fishermen caught 4,776 Crappie with 1,806 keepers. Out of those totals 37 were 14" or more TARP's.

Very interesting looking back at the same date from year to year.
    I have been doing the samething for the last 2 years, about the same info, i added up total fish caught in my boat for last year, too. For got the exact # , but it was close to 5000 crappie. Didn't realize how they add up over a year of fishing. I look back about each time I go fishing to see what happen that time last year. Sometimes it surprises me how different one year can be from the next.

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes has been a big help.Keeping a log!!!! Also have been watching the posts on our local site (arkansas) and have been able to adjust my fishing with what has been happening on other local lakes!!!( If they have been catching crappie on a bobber under a jig,spidder riging,longlining ect) on a local lake that is just a little south of where I fish I can adjust thinking that my local lake should be turning on too this tech. Watching the water temps,water color,lake level ect has been a great help.Have caught more crappie this year than ever before.Keeping a log with a full years worth should help in the future(next year)!! one of the Best tool for crappie fishing !!! The best tool joining Crappie.com!!!!
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.