Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Big Zig where are you???

Post Thanks / Like

Post Big Zig where are you???

We missed you at the meeting today & Nobody even sang Happy Birthday!
    Next meeting on the ice! hahaha!
    Kermit
    HAPPY FISHIN Y'ALL

Post Thanks / Like

At 3:00, Mrs. Zig told (take note she didn't ask, she told) me we were taking the boys to Hershey Park to look at Christmas lights. I tried to tell her - had to be online @ 4:00 for meeting; but the plans were already in motion w/the in-laws.
    What did I miss? How many people did we have?
    Who won the door prize?
    Next meeting on the ice? ice? you mean solid H2O? won't make that one for sure - I'll take the warm water discharge@ Brunner's Island over ice any day.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Zig

Big Zig,

Do you catch any crappies at the Brunner Island warm water discharge?
    I only foung one spot to catch crappies on the river and that's at Falmouth.

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

no, never caught a crappie in the Susky. I'm at Saginaw for smallmouth, walleye, and catfish - the other white fillets.

Falmouth has been giving up some pretty decent bass and walleye over the last few weeks. Haven't heard of anything recent though. Crappie in Falmouth? Now you have my interest, up or down river from the ramp? If they're @ Falmouth, that means they should be around the discharge area............maybe on the fringes of the temperature line between the discharge and the rest of the river.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't fished it much the past year with the high water we had. I got over about 3 times this summer. I like to fish it when it's 4 feet or lower at Harrisburg. Two of the times I was out I had good days. The first time I had 37 and the second time I had 17. These river crappies are very meaty. You can tell that they definetly eat good. There's only one spot at Falmouth that I can catch them, and that's up river from the boat ramp in my "secret hole" that my grandfather showed me. It's one of those places that the crappies are there or there not there, and like I said with all the high water we've had I think it pushed them to the sides. I've heard of guys catching them in the Spring up in the rocks, but I've never tried it.

Rick