Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing rough conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing rough conditions

After several weekends of hard rain cold weather...was in high hopes this past Sat. 3-10 a sever cold front had come through 2 days before dropping water temps. from 50's to 44.6 when we started out...by 8. am on the water pulling 12 jigs...cold east wind made for a raw day of fishing...several bites early with every fish coming un-buttoned before I got 4 or 5 turns of the reel. Made a move to get better wind favor, just to be blown off the lake....droped my poor mans drift socks (5gal buckets with 2" holes) that made the diffrence...caught a few out in the river where bait was present...to say I had my expectations dashed would be and understatement...trying to learn from my mistakes and forgetting it was about the trip and the fellowship of a good friend I reviewed my learning curve...all fish were caught on one jig and on the same rod...except one...it was there that I realized my failure..the jig that caught the fish, was an early prototype head I poured with a much larger hook than I use now must have been swiming just a little deeper...the fish were deeper...didnt put two and two together...my bad...the fish had moved to 12 foot deep from 9.5...the few weeks earlyer...so in hind site...changing colors every 30 min. is good thing if I had only thought to changed to my deep heads...(a heavy 1/16 custom egg head) I would have been in the zone...ended up with 6 in the box one spotted bass and 2 white bass....all crappie were 12" good fish...note to self...enjoy the day learn from my experience...The Lord's in charge and I'm not!! Amen
    A Proud member of Lake Allatoona and Lake Weiss (Team Geezer)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey at least you got out and enjoyed the outdoors and catching a few crappie and the challenge of figuring out what to do to get a few of them in your box. SO I say good job, Congrats!

Heck with the wind as bad as it was this last weekend I almost didn't even go, but glad I did.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing rough conditions

Hey, you caught some fish and got to fellowship, what's better than that? Sounds like the odds were stacked against you with the cold front and temp. drop. You did good.

C.J.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Made it back safe with your friend and got some fish in the boat. Sounds like a good day to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I should lighten up!!!LOL
    A Proud member of Lake Allatoona and Lake Weiss (Team Geezer)