Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Cranks, Walkers and Jerkbaits

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Cranks, Walkers and Jerkbaits

To put it blunty, I did not take care of the ones i already had. The box got wet on the inside, i didn't dry it, most of the hooks and clips on them are rusted, sticky stuff from fish attractant caused the feathers to stick to the body and eventually tear off, paint was peeling off. No one to blame but myself since my cousins and sister don't use them, I can't blame their condition on them.

So i headed out to Bass Pro Shop and Cabelas to get some new hardbaits today. Did some extensive researching on what brand and design I want. I decided to pick up some Bandit 100s, 5 total, though I will more than likely go back for a 6th some time later in the year. I've learned I am not good fishing for bass in deeper water. So i wanted to stay shallow and along the rocks, but also have something small enough that if a crappie wanted it, it would look enticing. I picked up 3 Husky Jerks, if I am serious about catching walleye and wipers, I should invest in some. 4 Rat-L-Traps, never had success with the Magnums I had, so i went a little smaller this time. 3 Rapala Sub-walkers, I've had way more luck catching bass using topwaters and shallow baits than deep divers. That being said, its one of the main reasons I picked up Stanley Ribbits to move on top of weeds and sub-walkers to practice the walk-the-dog method.

I also realized today that I left two containers of catfish bait in the cooler in my car, 1 had hot dogs soaked in vinegar, ranch dressing and garlic powder, and the other had cut up portions of shad. Been sitting in there since Feb 10th, granted its been cold, I'm afraid to open that cooler and pull out those 2 containers. Thursday or Friday, if the ice has begun to melt again, I'll head out to Base Lake with my net and scoop up some dead shad for cutbait.
    Last edited by ChrisCarter; 03-05-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris they stocked Trout in Halleck park last week. They was biting on trout bait. If your interested! EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Really, I heard about Two Rivers being stocked, but not anything else. I'll check it out tomorrow since I have nothing else planned.

Went for iceout catfish this evening, no luck. But I did find a bunch of dead shade that I cut up and put in a container in the freezer. Some of them were large. Good 8 or 9 inches long.

Post Thanks / Like

They will stock Halleck Pond next weekend with trout.

Post Thanks / Like

March 16th to be exact, at 11am. Weather permitting of course. Should be a great day. Thursday and Friday will be warm. Saturday cooler with clouds, but not too shabby.