HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crappie fishing and moon phases

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie fishing and moon phases

What is you opinion on moon phases and crappie fishing. When it comes to bluegill and shellcrackers the moon makes a huge difference but I haven't seen that in crappie fishing. What is your opinion?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie fishing and moon phases

Haven't really paid much attention on the crappie. But as you said I think it's a huge factor in the bluegill and redear
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff
    Cornfield Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Over head, straight up and under foot straight down,,....Bite is on. Not always though, for the weather and pressure is "in there" among so many other factors, but this is a place to start. Full moon,,... catfish will bite better during the day! I'm talkin channels, also crappie too,,... and talking mid Missouri, and I -DO- know that for a fact for me anyway, at least in July and August! I would have to go back and look at a chart to see where the moon was,,... around July 4th, 2012 for the bite was on for me, last year, from 1PM to 6 PM for about a week. fished every day, then, here in Missouri, and caught limits for a week while on vacation at LOZ! You could set your clock by 'em, I swear! I bet the moon was full around then, and that would tell me enough that I could say one way or the other. I may look on internet to find tables of 2012, July, and I'll get back to you. Moon phase, and position, affects it, no doubt about it,,... as far as I'm concerned anyway! I ain't no fishin pro, just been there allot and done that allot, thank goodness! I 'll bet if you did a search on a thread for it you would find them, I assume you would anyway. Good luck. Dark of the moon for me seems always better night, early morn, & late evening,,... fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

You are correct Bytizawn full moon was July 3 2012 o940:38

Post Thanks / Like

Full moon seams to help bring them in in early spring along with a warming trend .At the time of spawn the full moon helps bring to the beds,I like 3days before full moon and 3 days after
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8
    Likes Jiggah, Marvin LIKED above post
    Thanks hdhntr thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I love fishin at night but work interferes so I go every chance I get, weather permitting. I kept track of the phases but this is where a fishin log would come in handy

Post Thanks / Like

This year I'm starting a log book on my catches and using my C.C calendar.
    Lets go soak a line. Pat

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks gone_fishing! Fish bit so good, didn't matter at the time! My wife and I burned up 10 dozen minnows a day, and never had one, yes, not even one, left. Might lost a few on casts but we were fishing straight down from the boat! Fished from 1 to 6pm, in the heat of the day. Five hours-+, 120 minnows+-, for five days in a row is, +-600 minnows in about a 25 hour total. Yes,,... then I know said: "The bite is on!!!",,... because it was. It is SO interesting to know the moon was full at the time! When you think about it anything that controls the tides of the sea HAS to have a profound affect on fishing,,...and it does, and especially now because of what a thoughtful member; gone_fishing did and looked up what phase the moon was in almost a year ago I am even more convinced than ever! Thanks again!
    Likes Heiny LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have found over the years of hunting and fishing, I'm 65, that paying attention to the moon phases AND the weather will definitely help your success. Many hunting/fishing mags publish these tables on the moon phase, as do multiple I-Phone apps (lots are free for basic service). Gun author, Greg Rodriguez, who writes for seveal major gun mags recently wrote an article about this subject that listed several advanced sources for this topic. I use the tables, plan my trips by them and at times need to donate meat and fish to make room for new stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I plan our tournaments around the full and new moons. For no other reason than to give the fisherman every advantage. However the night tournaments always fall on full moon, or as close as possible. This is for safety.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!
    Likes Jiggah LIKED above post
    Thanks kf4udl thanked you for this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast