Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What is the deal???

Post Thanks / Like

Question What is the deal???

Why are so many people running invisible on here? This isn't a chat room so why are so many frequent posters showing offline when they aren't? Just curious because I sure don't know why anyone would do that on here.

Post Thanks / Like

They may be like me - I am so ignorant I don't even know what you are talking about????????
    How do you know?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcass
    They may be like me - I am so ignorant I don't even know what you are talking about????????
    How do you know?
    In the User CP above there is a section called Edit Options. If you go there and look around you will find a section that you can turn on or off and then save the selection. When that online profile is turned on then other that are online can tell if you are online at the time. If you turn that off then others online can't see that you are also online. You are essentially invisible.

I set my to off when I joined up. But anyone can send me a Personal message as I left that on.

Lots of time when I am typing long messages I don't want to be bothered as I will lost my place and loose all the text that I have typed. That can be a real bummer. LOL. I would have to restart typing my ESSAYS if that were to happen. In fact I had typed another message in response to you and lost all of it when I tried to go to the edit options thing to see how it worked. When I tried to backspace to my message it was all gone and I had to start all over again. I just hate loosing stuff like that. LOL

I will turn that show user online thing ON and see if that can be useful.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

How can you tell if some one is online?
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hidding things

Fatboy, some people just have to hide things. Kinda like going to the toilet. I guess some people are just embarrased about what they got or don't got. You know I will hang it out. lol... However I have clicked the hide box before but only by mistake. Glad you pointed this out...
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Richard, just click on the crappie.com logo at the very top left of the page, and on that page you'll see:
    What's Going On?
    Currently Active Users: 28 (10 members and 18 guests)

towards the bottom of the page.

In fact, you'll see some other cool stats there also.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

I hadn't given it any thought at all, didn't know the option existed. I just joined and got everything I needed and that was it.
    Perhaps those folks just arn't aware they're invisible ?
    Lots of times when I'm writing e-mail and/or posting to a forum, I'll write it all (or copy to, before I try something) on "Notepad" then post/send it as I too have lost stuff in the process.
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Every time I get on..if I want to show online I have to type my username and password in.....am I missing something or is this the way everyone does it here? I forget lots of time and must be invisible????

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't log out, just close your browser and you will be logged in when you come back.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I run ZAP and lots of time I will use ZAP to delete all the cookies that are on my computer. It deletes the browsing history and other stuff too. So each time I do that I have to remember to log back onto crappie.com so that I can be seen. It does not take long for me to log on as I can't post when I am not logged in. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Don't log out, just close your browser and you will be logged in when you come back.
    Regards,

Moose1am