Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Are the Drift Master rod holder any good?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are the Drift Master rod holder any good?

I went to Extreme fishing Concept website and was getting ready to order the bass boat cleat base rod holder and saw that it was made to work with Drift Masters Rod holder. Are these Drift Masters Rod holder any good? I wanted to get the Hi Tek rod holders but I don't think they will work with the Extreme fishing concept cleat base without some type of adapter. Does anybody sell these adapter to make Hi Tek rod holder to work with EFC cleat base?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kercha83 View Post
    I went to Extreme fishing Concept website and was getting ready to order the bass boat cleat base rod holder and saw that it was made to work with Drift Masters Rod holder. Are these Drift Masters Rod holder any good? I wanted to get the Hi Tek rod holders but I don't think they will work with the Extreme fishing concept cleat base without some type of adapter. Does anybody sell these adapter to make Hi Tek rod holder to work with EFC cleat base?
    I have to cut the nut off the top of the plate and weld the modified mounting plate to it. That is what was done in the past. I could also provide the rod holder with a threaded part in the bottom of the post to screw into the EFC threaded nut.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

I've got one of the Extreme concept holders with a driftmaster 2 rod T bar rod holder, I don't use it because the surface where the cleats are is not level on my Tracker, and causes the rod holder to lean which bothered me. I use driftmaster rod holders on my boat and kayak and like them alot. Heavy duty and have not lost a rod. Can adjust like all the others, several people on here use 'em, some dont. Just make sure the surface where the Extreme concept unit will sit is flat/level and it will work for you fine.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Ker, are you not wanting to mount a base for the hi-teks? be carefull trying to mount a good system to a temperary clap on type mount. I thought I would do that one time and did not like the overall stability of it all hooked together. Just a thought. Scott makes great rod holders and will modify them as needed for your needs. why don't you give him a call and tell him what your concerns are. He might be able to make some suggestions. A man with a new touch 12" needs
    GOOD rod holders. Good luck bud.
    Capt.C........Life's short. Be a friend. Eat good. Have fun and fish hard!

Post Thanks / Like

I have two of the Extreme Fishing Concept bass boat bases on my Javelin that I pull crankbaits with for everything from crappie to muskies and also use them to fish for catfishing out of the boat. I have them with the Driftmaster bases sold by EFC and have had not issues with the bases. I used Driftmasters for years exclusively until I found out about the Hi-Tek holders sold by Scott (Callshy). I use his products up front for spider rigging and love them as well. Both are great products.