Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Handheld GPS?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Handheld GPS?

I am looking into getting one. Anybody have any suggestions? What features should i look for. I obviously want to mark waypoints, is there anything Else I should consider?

C.J.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Cost is the biggest factor. What is your budget?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Handheld GPS?

No more than $200

C.J.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Some great advice from Mr Nimrod(Fish) Garmin on EBAY.different models depends on your budget. But the low end works great!!!! and at crappie camp he (Mr Nimrod) showed us the basic,s on using them great tool!!!!
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two Garmin "Marine 76" models. They are a few years old. One I bought new and the other I just bought last year used on Ebay for around $75. I like them both for a simple GPS to get me on fishing spots or hunting spots. They are both totally WATERPROOF and they FLOAT. They do not communicate with a computer or accept memory cards.

I think it would be nice to have a GPS that would plug into a computer or hold a memory card so I could save waypoints to computer or load specific waypoints onto the GPS unit depending what I was needing it for that day. Good luck with your purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a garmin etrex with lake maps on it. I first looked at the software I wanted, then chose the unit compatable with the software.
    Randy Andres

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had a garmin 72 for about 7 yrs. Basic with no bells or whistles or mapping, leaves a track to follow where you've been. It marks waypoints and speed and works great for staying on a spot once you've been over it a few times, keeps me from having to throw a marker others can identify with.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Lowrance H2Oc handheld GPS- comes with book, cigarette lighter style power cord (or you can use battery ),RAM cradle and mount along with 1GB memory card. This unit served me well until I updated to a fish finder w/GPS. Look these up & if interested contact me- I"ll treat you right on the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BTB View Post
    I have two Garmin "Marine 76" models. They are a few years old. One I bought new and the other I just bought last year used on Ebay for around $75. I like them both for a simple GPS to get me on fishing spots or hunting spots. They are both totally WATERPROOF and they FLOAT. They do not communicate with a computer or accept memory cards.

I think it would be nice to have a GPS that would plug into a computer or hold a memory card so I could save waypoints to computer or load specific waypoints onto the GPS unit depending what I was needing it for that day. Good luck with your purchase.
    I got one of these I will let go of for **** bucks shipped. PM for price
    Last edited by "G"; 02-13-2013 at 03:54 PM. Reason: priceing items for sale only allowed in the Classified forums
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Default Handheld GPS?

I went with a Garmin Etrex 20. Seems to be what I was looking for. I can store 2000 waypoints, hook to a computer and download lake maps and it has a mini sd port for extras. Thanks for the suggestions.

C.J.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast