Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: INFLATION or not

Post Thanks / Like

Default INFLATION or not

How come a dozen eggs cost 2.39 and they were .99 a short time ago?

How come a loaf of bread cost 2.39 on special sale and I was getting 2 for a dollar?

How come a can of Campbells chicken noodle soup cost .99 and I was getting 3 for a dollar?
    You have got to be kidding it is saltwater and old laying hens.

Why is everyone angry?

Why is the stock market hitting the 14th highest of all time? and nobody has any money?

Why does the govt say we have no inflation?

To make American more competitive with the world our goods must have equal value on the world market, so they killed our dollar, to put workers into same class as workers around the world, this is making companies more profitable, thus the value of their stock is up but we workers are paying the price. Forget politics they are all the same. The large companies with all the money run the govt. I am getting poorer and poorer, I will soon be fishing off the bank again. Why is this on a fishing board? Cus folks are eating more of what they catch on account of they have to, as a matter of survival. Golly when I see what I owe the tax man I get depressed every year. I will work from now till April 15 and hope I can save enough to pay the bill, the interest, and the fine. Better lock your minnow bucket I may be looking real closely at eating those guys myself!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how old you, but young folk always struggle to get by early in life. All I can tell you is to save, save ,save. Cut out the cable TV, cell phones, Quick Mart coffee & donuts or whatever you can to put something in savings. My son used to say, " I'm the only one in the school without cable TV!" Now he see's us retired and living fairly well due to our investments, and understands why sacrificing some things early in life to save, pays benefits later on.

Post Thanks / Like

The rich get richer while the poor folks blame each other. As far as eating minnows more protein per $ in crickets.

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

If I had to catch fish to survive, I would not be obese for long.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger690 View Post
    If I had to catch fish to survive, I would not be obese for long.
    At least you'd last longer than me!

Post Thanks / Like

I started working in 71 at minimum wage, $1.65 an hour, got a raise to $2.00 hr soon there after. I bought a Datsun pick in 72, $1995.00 new, nope not a typo, less than 2k. I could fill it up with gas for $2.50, take a date to a concert at the Dome for $6.00 and to the Puritan for a good burger after for $4.00. Now a cheap truck is what 25k, concert tickets $150.00 and $30.00 for a couple of burgers. I make significantly more than I did in 71, but when you run the numbers it's not really that much more. I saw a fellow on a job site the other day I've known for about 40 years, he's 66 and still pouring concrete, hard work for even a young man. He said after putting three kids through college, two of which are unempolyed and living at home he has zero savings and his only income if he retires is his Social Security. He laughed and said well "I could retire Friday, I'll just need to die by next Thursday before the money runs out".