Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Minnow trap Revisited

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minnow trap Revisited

deleted
    Last edited by pescatore; 12-16-2008 at 09:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

very cool idea. Me and my son and a buddy were thinking about weather or not you could trap minnows while night stalking. We were out til about 1:30 and I bet we had a 4ft patch of solid minnows swimming around the green lights. Would be an easy way to save money if you are going to be out there anyway. I may just try it next time. We also thought about a net scenario. My buddy kcbh has the best minnow bucket. a five gallon cooler, and he adds ice as needed. I may have to try that also. I bought 3 dozen and I bet I had one dozen dead within an hour. ended up with 12 over 9" in 3 hours. A little slow, but a decent mess for a small family.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting concept. So you cut a hole in bottom (how big?) for the minnows to enter and small holes in the top for oxygen? You then float the bottle on top of the water and place some kind of food inside the bottle to attract the minnows? I have never even thought of doing this so my questions & comments may be off base. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Another question. Do you set these out in the lake (under the dock let's say) at night to use the following day? Can you use them as you nightstalk to use on the spot?

Post Thanks / Like

Default minnie trap

deleted
    Last edited by pescatore; 12-16-2008 at 09:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62
    very cool idea. Me and my son and a buddy were thinking about weather or not you could trap minnows while night stalking. We were out til about 1:30 and I bet we had a 4ft patch of solid minnows swimming around the green lights. Would be an easy way to save money if you are going to be out there anyway. I may just try it next time. We also thought about a net scenario. My buddy kcbh has the best minnow bucket. a five gallon cooler, and he adds ice as needed. I may have to try that also. I bought 3 dozen and I bet I had one dozen dead within an hour. ended up with 12 over 9" in 3 hours. A little slow, but a decent mess for a small family.
    These work very well. http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults