Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: If we get one!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default If we get one!!!!

hoping to sometime get a fish mounted have some great ideas for a mount with a tree base and hopefully I can have different levels for a fish and the top level will be like for my dad and me then the next level will be for my kids and a Third level for grand kids. Just a ideal. Now for the real question if and when I caught a fish I want mounted what do I need to do with it before I take it to get mounted. And what do I do if I am out of state on a fishing trip and its the first fish of the day and we are staying for a few day thanks in advance for the help

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassgas View Post
    hoping to sometime get a fish mounted have some great ideas for a mount with a tree base and hopefully I can have different levels for a fish and the top level will be like for my dad and me then the next level will be for my kids and a Third level for grand kids. Just a ideal. Now for the real question if and when I caught a fish I want mounted what do I need to do with it before I take it to get mounted. And what do I do if I am out of state on a fishing trip and its the first fish of the day and we are staying for a few day thanks in advance for the help

That's a great idea for the multi-level mount! I was lucky enough to catch a 6 1/2 lb Largemouth in 2011 that I had mounted. I was out of town when I caught it. I was told to wrap it in a wet towell, then into a plastic bag, then to keep it on ice. One I got home, I took the bag out and place it in the freezer. Then after 2 days, I took it to the taxidermist. I used Sportsman's Taxidermy in Louisville, Kentucky. The mount turned out great for me. The best part about that trip is that I had both of my kids on the boat with me. You should have seen my son's eyes when we got this in the boat.

Name:  dscn0130.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  28.7 KB
    Last edited by Andy1270; 01-31-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: If we get one!!!!

Wrap in wet towel, into plastic bag freeze. If you where you can get it. Go to a store and get a box of 20 mule team borax in the soap aisle. It will help preserve the color and remove the slime. Be careful with the tail and fins. They can be repaired but look better if they are kept nice.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking fish I bet it's one your kid will never forget.

Post Thanks / Like

Default If we get one!!!!

Check out fishmounter57 on this site. He posted a good looking replica just the other day