Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Caney Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Caney Lake

Might get to fish Caney Lake this weekend.Anyone fished that lake thats willing to give me some tips?
    Jim and Tammy

Post Thanks / Like

Never fished it JnT only read about it in Louisiana sportsman mag. from the article there is some nice fishing in it. but can't recall if it was brush or stumps or grass just not sure what type of structure is in it.Sorry !
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Default JnT.........

Quote Originally Posted by JnT
    Might get to fish Caney Lake this weekend.Anyone fished that lake thats willing to give me some tips?

Where is the Caney Lake you're wanting to fish? I missed this post somehow, is there a Caney in S. LA? We have a Caney Lake here in N. LA close to Jonesboro, if that is the lake you're wanting info for we have a good man that knows the lake well. He's in Texas right now, but should be back soon. I know this info is late, but maybe it will help next trip. I fished Caney over a month ago but the wind was so bad (gusting to 30 mph) that we had to give it up. It's primarily open water, and we were fighting 4 ft waves. We tried drifting but couldn't slow the boat enough to stay deep, we left at about 3:00 pm, and I was still feeling the boat rocking the next day. It would be interesting to know if there is a Caney in S. LA. Would you let me know if there is? Best of luck to both of you.....

Post Thanks / Like

The Caney that you are talking about is the one I need info on! We have family up that way.Any tips would be great!
    Jim and Tammy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jim and Tammy......

Quote Originally Posted by JnT
    The Caney that you are talking about is the one I need info on! We have family up that way.Any tips would be great!

Tommy would be the man to talk to about Caney, he knows the lake very well and has been a guide for his area. He is a directional driller and gets calls that take him away from home for extended periods, and right now he's in S. Texas, possibly offshore. However, if I were to go to Caney tomorrow, I would start by cruising the dropoffs, creek channels, and any structure watching my sonar for groups of fish. Tommy has been using the "Fin-S-Shad" in pink and pearl or plain pearl tipped with either nibbles or a Rosy Red minnow. He usually catches them at 14 to 20 ft this time of year. Remember, this info was valid a month ago, and may have changed by now, but it is an awesome lake and has state records for several species. I don't know when you have planned to go there, but Tommy would know what will work for you if he gets back in time. Keep checking back on the site, his user name is Tommy and he will more than likely check in to see how things are going. When he gets back, I'll drop you a PM and let you know. Meanwhile, seems like ya'll are doing good in S.LA. Good luck.......