Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Daughters First Fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Daughters First Fish

Took my daughter out on the boat last Thursday while on vacation, we got to a beach (everyone calls it flag island) & stopped she wanted to swim & build a couple of sand castles so we stopped, while we were there she wanted to fish, I thought to myself thats just great I locked up all my tackle in my truck, but I still had rods in my rod compartment.
    Well I pulled out a rod & the only thing we had we could use for bait was french fries, thats right french fries we got them from Dairy Queen left over from her kids meal.
    So I baited it up with a fry, threw out the line & handed her the pole, my wife & I was talking & my daughter Madison said something is pulling on my pole, I didnt believe her at first well because the hook was only in the water 5-10 seconds, well I kept talking with the wife & I looked back over & Madison was waist deep & was steadily getting pulled in, I told her to reel & when all was done she had a 6-7 oz baby catfish on the pole. She ended up catching 2 more baby catfish within minutes, then we ran out of fries, But the look on her face when she saw that first fish she caught was awsome, the fish was hooked & well she is now hooked as well :D

Shes already aksing when were going out again, I think I have finally found my fishing partner!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Makes since Cmac, i like fries with Catfish. I bet she was tickled...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. She'll be ready for those Grenada lake crappie pretty soon. Hopefully when she's twelve she'll still go out fishing. My daughter thinks it's dorky now, oh and that I'm a dork for doing it. Oh well, 30 years from now when she has a daughter, I'll take her out fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

next trip out don't forget the MAC FRIES!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If Shes like my granbabys she"ll drive ya nuts till next time!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dennis, she is & has been, thats all I have been hearing about, but I would rather hear about fishing than boys lol :}

Post Thanks / Like

Congrat to your grand daughter and too you and your wife. Sounds like you all have a new fishing partner.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave