Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Big Head Carp on Kentucky Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Big Head Carp on Kentucky Lake

While Bass fishing Saturday night a carpenter friend and I watched a Big Head Carp surface and die. 44" in length and a girth as big as my over sized gut. I am positive of the I.D. The low set eyes really stuck out and also the small scales. This is not good news for the fishery, these things in smaller bodies of water can wreck the game fish population. They are not a welcome guest. THE BANDIT
    1 Corinthians 2:2.----Nothing else counts!!
    "This one thing I know, and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

Post Thanks / Like

i didnt need to here that! i have a hard nuf time catchin crappie without bighead competition.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry too much Bandit. I'm a Towboat pilot & I run the Tn. river. I have see a lot of them in the Ohio & Miss. but from what I have read up on them they need current. They are mainly a "river" fish. Sure we'll have a few here in the lake. But I don't believe they'll take off like the have in the rivers. Boy those things can sur jump! I've been coming down into Smithland lock & had them jump plum up on the tow. I try to squash as many as I can against the wall! LOL
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskers
    Boy those things can sur jump! I've been coming down into Smithland lock & had them jump plum up on the tow. I try to squash as many as I can against the wall! LOL

The jumpers are NOT bighead carp. They are silver carp. Both are native to Asia and serious threats to our freshwater fisheries. Kill all that you can.