Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How Many?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How Many?

I am just curious, in these hot days of summer, how many crappie do you usually catch, on average? I am just wondering how many people are hauling in lately, i usually fall well short of my goal, in these hot days!

Post Thanks / Like

We have had 10 days in a row of over 102 to 108 temps. plus a full moon. For whatever reason I rarely use minnows, but the bite on jigs has tapered way off with water temps in mid -80's. My last four outings have been around 45 total fish with only 12-18 keepers. 95% of the better fish have been on minnows. I am suprized because jigs normally out produce. The keepers have been smaller keepers 10-12 inchers. Bottom line, quite a few fish, but the bite has changed on this particular lake.

Mud=Dabber

Post Thanks / Like

for me crappie fishing gets "hot" with the heat. I concentrate on the shady sides of stumps along the creek channels. 2 weeks ago got 15, last week got a limit(30). The fish are averaging bout a lb., up to bout 1 3/4 lbs. And they sure let ya know when they hit!! All are being caught on variations of white tubes. Headed back in the morn.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mike
    VICTORY IN JESUS

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info, i havent done anything w/ minnows lately, i am having a little luck w/ the rapala sinking minnow crankbait. i just only catch a couple in 4 hours or so.

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy and I have been averaging 40 keepers per trip. The temp here has been in the high 90's and we have been catching them in open water with no cover about 15' to 20'. Just find the fish and they will eat!

MAY YOUR BOBBERS SUBMERGE AND YOUR LINES BE TIGHT!!
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

I normally catch between 40-70 crappie a trip, year round. The last 3 trips at night I've caught about 50 a trip and about 15 have been 10" or better fish.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

I nearly quit after mid june, not that i can't catch them I just don't like to beat the heat Plus by mid june I've got about 100 lbs of fillet in the frezzer that will last til sept.

Post Thanks / Like

the lake i fish is not thriving, i am happy with 10 fish! i want to fish some of the other lakes in PA, but a lot of them have hp restrictions...

Post Thanks / Like

i fish buggs island for crappie. from oct.til june we average over 200 a trip castin bucktails. from june to oct. we seldom catch over a hundred with only 12-18 over 10'. and very few over a pound. after oct. we start pickin up 8-12 a trip over a pound...i still got a lot to learn bout this fishin!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We've been out twice and got about 100-150 small ones and probly 50 nicer one's the next. Verticle casting around trees in roughly 10' of water.
    CoRy:cool: