Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raw sonar with Humminbird Matrix

Post Thanks / Like

Default Raw sonar with Humminbird Matrix

Was wondering if anyone uses raw sonar with any of the humminbird matrix finders. I have been debating testing it on my unit, but have no idea where to start as far as settings go. If anyone has mastered it, could you please post for me the settings that make the most difference, and maybe what you have them set at. I will spend hours messing with it if I have to, but was hoping someone already had it already dialed it in.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I not sure what you mean when you say "raw sonar". I have a Matrix 17 and 27
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Raw sonar would be similar to the view with a lowrance, no fish ID on etc.

Post Thanks / Like

ive got two lowrance units on my boat and have never heard the term raw sonar used. im not sure what you mean when you say it. i dont use the fish 1d feature, instead opting for the inverted v signals. i use it in manual mode only.
    Last edited by rango; 07-20-2006 at 07:09 AM.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

I never use fish ID. When the fish ain't biting one day break out the manual and put the unit in advanced mode and reset your preferances. I'll try to write down my settings this W/E and send them to you.

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds like the reasons I can't get past using my Vexilar for something else. Is 'raw sonar' the same as 'real time'?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks NCAT I appreciate that. That's what I mean Rango. No system intervention in what you see, as far as fish ID, Structure ID, those sorts of things. Raw sonar is the term I have heard when people are discussing it.

I'm so bad with my Matrix unit that I can't even get the light to stay on. When you hit the power button to turn the light on, it brings up a brightness and contrast display along with turning the light on, so I hit exit to close the displays and then the light shuts off. I know I have a manual, but things shouldn't be this hard.

That's what I want to see Guys, is the inverted V's. I seem to remember reading that the settings are very touchy as far as what you are going to see. I'm pretty sure my finder is a matrix 25.

Post Thanks / Like

When you push the power button to turn on the light adjust your light setting then push the exit button, the light will then stay on whatever setting then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blufloyd
    This sounds like the reasons I can't get past using my Vexilar for something else. Is 'raw sonar' the same as 'real time'?
    real time is the new version of the old flasher style sonar. Real time is exactly what is under at that exact moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me, or is the simulator mode some sort of perfect picture that they have programed into the unit. I went out this morning (in the drive) and adjusted the settings to what I would imagine are a good starting point for not using fish ID. I then turn on the simulator and get a perfect picture with the arches on it. I can only imagine when I get on the water tonight for the stalk, that I'm going to end up with a totally different output. I hope not.

BTW, my unit is a Humminbird Matrix 25.

Mike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast