Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions about Bass Trackers???

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Questions about Bass Trackers???

Ok, I got one, but what does it take to get the aluminum hull shiney? I tried some aluminum polish. All I got was black rags and a sore arm when using the polish. No shine. Suggestions???

Also. Have a transom mount skimmer (factory installed) hooked to a Lowrance x47 (came with boat, I didn't install it). Doesn't work at speeds over 10 mph (garbage on the display). Don't see how any air bubbles could be causing any problems. Smoothe surface bottom, no rivits. Any suggestions here?

Stopped by BPS on way back from Tunica to ask Boat salesman about this. He and she didn't know crap.........Verified the mount. Mine same as the showroom rig. This thing supposed to work up to 70 MPH.

Sure glad I know my way around the river................
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Set the transducer lower and tip it so it points a little forward. That should get it working much better. It might still lose lock in deep water at speeds over 25 mph.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan_VA
    Set the transducer lower and tip it so it points a little forward. That should get it working much better. It might still lose lock in deep water at speeds over 25 mph.
    You mean lower in the existing mounting position right?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Possibles

Take a piece of wire with two alligator clips, Put one end on the negative post of the battery you use for the fishfinder and the other to any metal part of the boat. Battery may not be grounded. No. 2 Rev up your engine in neutral and see if the interference appears. Motor may not be grounded. I just installed a new fishfinder on my trolling motor and had to run a ground from the skeg on my trolling motor to the frame of the boat. Composite shaft, no ground on the motor part.

Post Thanks / Like

yep,just lower the transducer a little,that should help,as far as polish,the best stuff i have used is diamond brite,truck box polish from home depot or lowes,it removes oxidation,and discoloration to bring back the shine,and the more times you use it the more it will shine.i use it on the rims of the jeep,and its the best of all the polish and cleaners i have tried..........crome

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    You mean lower in the existing mounting position right?
    Yes, loosen the mounting screws and move the transducer as low as it will go. I think the offset transom entrains some air in the water or there is enough turbulence created by the offset transom to cause problems. My 175 was the same way and the adjustments I suggested got it working for me. When I lose lock in deeper water when running at 25 mph or more, increasing the sensitivity usually works.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes it helps to tilt the back of the transducer down a couple of degrees. I did that with my Garmin 240 and it reads fine even at 65 MPH. I very rarely go that fast. Especially in this neck of the woods.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

many dont work to great at high speeds.... but, if you lower it, it will give you better readings....

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shine

Go To The Airport And See What They Shine Them With
    Used A Bunch Years Ago But Forgot The Name --hows Come That Doe,nt Surprize Me ??? Ha
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I got one, but what does it take to get the aluminum hull shiney? I tried some aluminum polish. All I got was black rags and a sore arm when using the polish. No shine. Suggestions.

I don't think that you can get the aluminum to shine like crome. It isn't meant to shine. That is why you are getting black rags.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast