Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Request DEER hunter help, need white belly hair for jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Request DEER hunter help, need white belly hair for jigs

I think it is doe slaughter day tomorrow and I need white fur from the belly. The buck tails are to course for crappie jigs. If you could just skin back the white belly hide and roll up and freeze. bring them to the NW bash or call me if you are near Chesapeake. These jigs work great at Kerr and NWR. I just got my order of 50 1/16 oz white head with red eye jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  doe hir jigs 001.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  35.9 KB
    OK I sniped my dogs hair and it works OK but the dog needs to stay warm and I cannot remove its coat!

Post Thanks / Like

that is a nice looking jig. will human hair work. been geeting grayer every year

Post Thanks / Like

Deer tails are firm and loose shape easily... Craftfur is where its at.... Artic Fox hair is really good! Ive tried deer body hair... didnt like it.

I tye alot of threadneck jigs. Mostly plain lead head sickle hook white craftfur or fox hair and 2 strands of red krystal flash. Chenile looks good to me but doesnt seem to pull anymore fish than a threadneck.

Also I use these casting...Not with a minnow or nibble or tightlined....Just use em like a BGBS Cast count retrieve.

GeneC has me hooked on white stingers as well.. As a matter of fact All I ever fish with anymore is white BGBS style homebrewed plastics, green with silver string glitter or a white threadneck... Also Have been downsizing alot... using 1/32 or 1/24 and letting it sink til i see the line twitch.
    "Kids who hunt and fish dont steal and deal"

2012 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2012 Buggs Bash Champion