Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rapala F3 Strikes Again!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rapala F3 Strikes Again!

Weather report for southern Pa. is calling for major T-storms starting late tonight and quitting on friday. This pretty much ends my late evening fishing trips. I was BUSTIN' to get out tonight and fish before the storms move in. I convinced the wife to let me go, and I finished my supper on the way to the truck.

I got out on the lake at 6:00 PM and caught a few nice gills, when my brother and his 4 year old son pulled up to the launch. I pulled over and left them get in. It was young Kyle's first time on a boat.

The gills were simply CRUSHING the tiny Rapala F3's! The colors were Perch and Hot Steel...it didnt matter, they hit them all evening.

I would cast it out, and most of the time it would get smacked as soon as it hit. A few cranks, and fish on!!

I would set the hooks and let the boy reel them in. We musta' caught 30 to 40 keeper size gills in less than 2 hours.

Young Kyle looked at me and said " This is the best fishin day I ever had".

That was enough for me.

Kyle didnt want to leave even though it was 9:00PM and the lightning was flashing off in the distance. I don't blame him one bit.

It was indeed a great fishin' day, and the Rapala is still my favorite gill lure.

Good Fishin',
    Buckmark
    Last edited by BUCKMARK; 07-11-2006 at 08:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Buckmark,

Good report and great way to get a kid hooked on fishing.

Dave
    Dave in Statham, GA