Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sunday Slab

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday Slab

Me and my fishing buddy went to Stevensville yesterday. The water was muddy by the landing, so we ran to the canals by Grassy Lake. I stuck one 12” slab and that was it. The water there was a little stained, but not muddy. You could still see the sunken logs and trees, so I guess it was pretty clear. I think that secondary front brought on the lock jaw.
    I'd rather be fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

what landing did you use to dock ?Because I am planning a trip to stephensville and fish behind the doirons landing I have never seen the water muddy there before.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    what landing did you use to dock ?Because I am planning a trip to stephensville and fish behind the doirons landing I have never seen the water muddy there before.
    Sacalaitsteve,
    We had a pretty good North wind and tidal movement Friday thru Sunday last.
    You think that might have cleared out the sea-weeds in 4-bayou canal? OR, at the least opened em up a little.

I went to Roll-over with a friend this past Friday. We went to cop-cop wier. I hooked on to a blue cat that went well over 30 lbs. He broke the line on the wrip-wrap. I caught one that went 16 lbs. I bet he tasted just like that 30 lb'der that got away would have. We had several fish break our lines. (Red's)

I don't know where I going, but I going fishing somewhere this Saturday. I talked to SAN last night. He called to say he ain't forgot about us he's just been too busy to go fishing. If, and I mean IF, the weather looks like it will hold out for Saturday I just might go to 4-bayou. (UNLESS! You fill up the ice chest at Doiron's Landing. Let me know. Any body wants to go just post.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Deacon once you go through the gulf and take a right and head to back of lake and get into canal heading to the weir there used to be a small ditch on the left that took you to other side of weir is it still opened there or did you'll stay on the inside? Also I would think that the lillies should be on there way out of four bayous now.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

we launched behind doiron's. It was not chocolate, could see bait about four inches down.
    I'd rather be fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Deacon once you go through the gulf and take a right and head to back of lake and get into canal heading to the weir there used to be a small ditch on the left that took you to other side of weir is it still opened there or did you'll stay on the inside? Also I would think that the lillies should be on there way out of four bayous now.
    The ditch is still there. This is to go around the first dam. Once you go around this dam you go through a shallow lake to the next dam (cop-cop)
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.