Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: potholes

Post Thanks / Like

Default potholes

well the fishing wasn't great but i got into some fish. the little smallies were on the dam big time. between me and my dad we got over 100 of those little guys. with most of them going 7"-10". couldn't get anything big off the dam except a 2lb largie. the first night there i got a nice largie about 3lbs off the dock. and about 30 minutes of fishing off the dock i got a huge 11" bluegill and some 9"ers as well. not many crappie at the dock yet and most are very small. tried my spot that i thought would have crappie on it....... and was wrong. i could only get one . on wednesday i got a largie pushing 5 lbs in some brush. i wish the fish would have been bigger but at least i caught some fish . probably go back in a month or so.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    fishing isn't a sport, it's a way of life.
    a motto i live by :D
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well sounds like it was at least worth the drive. :-) I bet it was hot too, yea?
    Brokentrail
    Born To Fish

Post Thanks / Like

looks like you did pretty well to me. when i was out there i got the same impression about the bass. that is that there were some really decent largemouth and plentifull almost annoying small smallmouth. that sure is a nice lookin gill

Post Thanks / Like

damn!
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brokentrail
    I bet it was hot too, yea?
    the weather was weird. it was around 104 tuesday, 95 wednesday, and about 70 on thursday! it was the biggest weather swing i have ever seen. and the wind really picked up that day too. and then on friday it got back to normal again.
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

hrm, that does sound weird. Unstable weather, maybe that is why you didn't kill them? Were you fishing the main lake mostly or were you back in the dunes? I've never fished much back in the dunes but stuck to the main lake, Lind Coulee and Crab Creek.
    Brokentrail
    Born To Fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brokentrail
    Unstable weather, maybe that is why you didn't kill them?
    thats sounds good to me :D

and i fished the main lake mostly. i mainly fished the face of the dam, goose island, the brush around mardon, and the point at the state park. the first day i was there i tried the lind coulee with little sucess. thats where my crappie spot is and i could only get one little guy out of it (didn't see many on the depth finder either). last year when the water was down a little more you could see a huge school of crappie in that spot. i wanted to try trolling more for walleye but my motor doesn't go slow enough for it . i'm thinking about getting a trolling plate for it. and i need to try more for bass and crappie in the dunes. i got into a good beaver hut a year or two ago that had some good bass and bluegill on it. the dunes are kinda hard to figure out . anyone ever fished it much and had much sucess?
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I just got back from the potholes. I fished the dunes and only got largemouth to 3lbs, I fished my other spots and got smallies to 3.5lbs and largemouth to around 5.5lbs in the bushes with senkos. The wierd thing was the smallies were in 2 to 15 feet of water cruising with an 87 degree water temp.hmmmm NWbass should be interesting next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

did you catch a lot of little ones too? i fished from 2'-15' also and could only get one 2lb largie . i think why i didn't get many big ones is because the little ones would hit it before the big ones could have a chance. just a thought :rolleyes:
    go dawgs!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast