Temperature might have been warmer that it has been the last few days, but the wind today was bit too much to handle on water. Tomorrow the wind should be lighter. Saw a bunch of crappie and bluegill under the fishing pier at Walnut Creek. I could also detect little nabs at the jig while vertically jigging from the bottom. I wanted to use a light jig (1/32nd oz), but with the 25mph winds, it was impossible to control where i wanted it to go, not to mention the quick moving water would carry the jig away from the spot before it hit the bottom. Also made for detecting the bite difficult too. I ended up switching to a 1/16th oz jig silver/chart rabbit hair. That is where i got most of my nibbles from bluegills from, but the crappie were much harder to get. As the bluegill were fairly deep and close to the bottom, the crappie were only a few feet under the water, but directly under the pier. After losing one jig by casting directly under the pier and getting caught, i decided to try and vertically jig the lure as close as i could without getting caught on the beams. No such luck. But with lighter winds tomorrow, I'll be back and hopefully have a cooler full of bluegill and crappie.

The day wasn't a total waste. I finally got the Crappie.com sticker put on the car.