Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing Wives' Tales: How True are They?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Wives' Tales: How True are They?

I was checking-out some extended weather forecasts, and happen to see this on the AccuWeather site:

Fishing Wives' Tales: How True are They? - AccuWeather.com
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

Two of the three I can vouch for..........but, just prior to a storm hitting, I have caught every species of fresh water fish on anything
    I had on the end of my line. Like a feeding frenzy. When the wind hit just before the rain fell, everything shut down and I went home.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

right in front of a strong front it can be dangerous but it also can be one of the most productive times to be on the water.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olduckhunter View Post
    right in front of a strong front it can be dangerous but it also can be one of the most productive times to be on the water.
    A friend and I were fishing in the spring about 4 yrs ago and he has the weather app on his phone. we were loading the boat-literally- and he kept watching a bad storm approach. 45 minutes...........30 minutes.........15 minutes OK lets go. We no sooner threw the boat on the trailer in record time and hadn't gotten out of the parking lot when the radio said there was one on the ground about 8 miles away. We caught a lot of fish, over 20 in a couple of hours, the majority in the last 45 minutes. we couldn't do anything wrong. 3 foot rollers pulling the anchor and wind was tough. Don't think I'd do it again but it drove home the point that they feed on the approaching front for me. I try to get a chance to fish them, even if its only a couple of hours.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around