Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cajun Line ????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cajun Line ????

Has anybody tried the red Cajun Line? I read in a crappie magazine that one of the well known anglers were using it and I wondered if anyone has tried it. The red color makes me a little nervous.
    Why work? Fish

Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe that it will make a dramatic difference in the number of fish you catch. I haven't tried this brand of line before, so make sure that the stretch and memory will be to your liking. Other than that, give it a try. At least it isn't too big of an investment if it turns out to be no good. CEB -

Post Thanks / Like

I read that article in Crappie magazine and they were really pushing the Shakespere equiptment?????, I just figured it was a advertising ploy but I think I might try it. I just wonder about the red line.
    Why work? Fish

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the 8lb test. It's a good tough, stiff line that is hard to see in the day and harder to see at night, not exactly what you want in a good crappie line. I mainly use it on my fast trolling rods and casting rods. I've put it on some of my striper rods and love it, but then again I'm not watching my line like I do with my crappie rods. I've switched over to the Ande 8lb line in the envy green color and I like it real well. Green enough to see but doesn't glow like Mr. Crappie line.

Post Thanks / Like

im with tkpaul i use it on all my rods and reels in all different size tests.i use it the most on the panfish though and my hooksets have nearly tripled, and my strikes even more i love it.
    "AM I EVER GOING TO STOP FISHING? NOT UNTIL THE DAY I DIE!"

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default no red line

I jig fish and people tried the red line and the yellow line in my boat. I use 4lb test clear and smoke them every time ! Why do they say it disappears first and the lure makers tout red hooks and lures ?
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

no kiddin' NIMROD! When you're snorkeling and you dive, you notice that your red swimming trunks start to fade out after a few feet...... a guys gotta wonder why the lure companies still tote the bleeding bait thing.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the 6lb cajun on my rigs for a year and a half. I have not found anything more durable. I had used 4lb test, and figured out that the line was breaking way to easily even on some hook sets.

I'd put cajun 6lb up against most 12lb lines. It'll bend your hook on the jig head all the way out before the line breaks.

That's tough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD
    I jig fish and people tried the red line and the yellow line in my boat. I use 4lb test clear and smoke them every time ! Why do they say it disappears first and the lure makers tout red hooks and lures ?

That has been my argument from day one...

Anyway, I've used the Cajun Red "Cast" in 4lb and 6lb test for crappie and panfish for the last few years. I have had no problems with it and actually like it very much. It is very limp and has virtually no memory.

This spring I tried the P-Line Fluroclear in 4lb test. I got little to NO action while buddies using identical baits in the same boat were getting 3 to 4 times as many hook ups. This was trolling, vertical jigging and jig casting for crappies. Switched back to the "red" and I was back in business.

My take is that it works for me, and the price is right.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the 6lb seems strong to me the only problem I have is seeing it.
    So I put it on my trolling rod and use Wally Marshall yellow on all others.

It realy hit home a few weeks back I was fishing a tournament with a buddy that fishes little. He showed up with a long rod with Cajun on it we just could not see it. Around noon I gave one of my poles it was like night and day for him he started pulling alot more fish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast