Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How to deal w/ just one GPS unit

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to deal w/ just one GPS unit

Just got a GPS unit and mounted it at console. Need it at trolling motor when following route. Need input on how to have my cake and eat it to. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

You will have to spend a little money but the easiest way would be to buy a second mounting bracket and transducer and install up front at your TM. Then you could move your DF back and forth as needed. It is possible you could find a used one on Ebay, long shot but only other way is to have 2 DFs.
    If your DF is visible from the TM you can always swivel it so you can see it from the front, but that will give you a crick in your neck.
    SeaRay
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Just to add to SeaRay's comment, just sit sideways up front and you can see the FF on the console and still steer the boat. Consider using a RAM mount which would allow you to swivel the HU around with ease for little money.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    Just to add to SeaRay's comment, just sit sideways up front and you can see the FF on the console and still steer the boat. Consider using a RAM mount which would allow you to swivel the HU around with ease for little money.
    x2

Post Thanks / Like

I took out the original screws and put in 2" screws and ground the head off leavening 1 1/2" sticking out, did the same upfront. So I now can move the fish finder from console too trolling motor area. Hope I never drop it! I lay the unit in a secure place when travaling on highway.