Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing line question?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing line question?

Been fly fishing only for the last 5 yrs., starting back tying jigs lately and decided to try out a few,so dug out my crappie poles, but need to reline, but what is new and what brand and pound test does everyone use? back when I crappie fished alot if i remember right i used 6 lb stren, but want is the going thing now?

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I like 4lb line but 6lb is a good all around size. You can go with stren trilene what not... I know alot of our members like the hi vis (yellow) line in something like the Mr. Crappie line. My personal preference right now is the bass pro excel line. I like to buy it in the 1lb bulk spool which has 11,400 yards on it for 25.99. However for your needs you could get a spool of 1500 yards for 8.99 which should be plenty to last you for a bit. Just my 2 cents. Just like with any topic there will be plenty of differing opinnions. Oh and also, I prefer the clear line over clear blue or green.

-Michael

Post Thanks / Like

I like 6lb stren

(C.J.)
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

i use 6# viscious hi vis yellow, some use 8 and 10. if you can't find it up there try grizzly jig, they have it all.....
    DEAD AS FRIED CHICKEN