Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: new 'gill lure

Post Thanks / Like

Default new 'gill lure

goin 'gill fishin tomorrow and i bought some yo zuri snap beans sinking crankbaits just wondering if anybody has used them and if they are any good?
    "AM I EVER GOING TO STOP FISHING? NOT UNTIL THE DAY I DIE!"

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I have a couple in orange. They work really well for just about anything. I've landed crappie, bluegill, bass and a few eatin' size catfish. For what I paid for 'em I can't complain too much. I guess the important thing is the fish love to bite 'em.
    There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple snap beans as well as some gobie, killifish and small pins minnow. I have caught fish on all of them. This spring, I added a beadhead hare's ear fly on a vanish trailer about 18" behind the large (still very small) chartreuse snap bean. Almost all of the bluegill and redear were caught on the fly instead of the snap bean; but the combination was very effective. FWIW: The very smallest beatle spins are very effective and I've used a cutiespin recently with good success. Eventually, the feathers and wrapping came off the cutiespin so I added a chartreuse berkley nymph and had continued success until a larger fish's strike near boat broke the 4lb test line.

Post Thanks / Like

never used them, try my personal favorite the whip'r stopper by stopper lures works for me everytime in all different situations and locations.... dont forget to tip it with a substantial chunk of crawler.. good luck