Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sweet Crappie Bake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sweet Crappie Bake

I posted this on the Va. Site a while back.

Last night I wanted to make some crappie for lunch the following day. fried crapps never taste right microwaved the next day (to me). I looked at all my recipes and each one I came across I was missing an ingredient. So I came up with something. I'm sure it exists across some plain in the chef's world but to me it's my own. Here it is.

Take a family portion of crappie (or however much you need), Rub your favorite butter into the fillets, wrap fillets with hickory-smoked bacon, place in a glass baking dish, sprinkle with a lot of brown sugar, and bake on 375 for 25 minutes or until it flakes with a fork.

If you like crappie and bacon you should try this. I don't have good Idea's very often so take advantage.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

Fried Crappie the next day is best served right of the fridge.

I will have to try few different recipes though. Only thing we ever eat is fried Crappie.
    Let Em' Land!

Post Thanks / Like

Tried your recipe last night and it was great! side dishes were french fries, hush puppies, sliced tomatoes, sliced cantalope, corn on the cobb, and cold ice tea! Dessert was ice cream sandwiches, I did good!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up sounds good!

I may try that tomorrow. We had some fried fish tonight and I don't like fried fish after it has been refrigrated, it usually gets thrown to the cats or whoever likes to eat fish the next day.
    Let you know how we like it. Thanks for the recipe.:D
    Dwyane
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Carp
    Tried your recipe last night and it was great! side dishes were french fries, hush puppies, sliced tomatoes, sliced cantalope, corn on the cobb, and cold ice tea! Dessert was ice cream sandwiches, I did good!!
    Been a while since I read this. I'm glad you enjoyed. I have cooked it several times and between the wife and kids I hardly get a bite. :D
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    I may try that tomorrow. We had some fried fish tonight and I don't like fried fish after it has been refrigrated, it usually gets thrown to the cats or whoever likes to eat fish the next day.
    Let you know how we like it. Thanks for the recipe.:D
    Dwyane
    Yup darn shame when you got to toss em out or to your four legged friends. I can't stomach fried food reheated. Please do try the recipe it's one of the few things good I call my own.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

Default Revised

The recipe is still great I just want to suggest you spread the butter on the bacon then wrap them around the fillets. It sticks better.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

Hey JD.
    I made something with wrapped-bacon recently and it had a very good suggestion that I never thought of.

It said to microwave the bacon for a few minutes until the bacon is about halfway cooked. This does a couple of things:
    1) it gets rid of A LOT of the fat/grease.
    2) it makes the bacon on the finished meal a lot more crispier.

You should try this out next time and see how it works.

B.
    Currently a non-fishing slacker! (not for too much longer)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReelFun
    I posted this on the Va. Site a while back.

Last night I wanted to make some crappie for lunch the following day. fried crapps never taste right microwaved the next day (to me). I looked at all my recipes and each one I came across I was missing an ingredient. So I came up with something. I'm sure it exists across some plain in the chef's world but to me it's my own. Here it is.

Take a family portion of crappie (or however much you need), Rub your favorite butter into the fillets, wrap fillets with hickory-smoked bacon, place in a glass baking dish, sprinkle with a lot of brown sugar, and bake on 375 for 25 minutes or until it flakes with a fork.

If you like crappie and bacon you should try this. I don't have good Idea's very often so take advantage.
    will definetly give this one a try--sounds great
    Get the net!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    We had some fried fish tonight and I don't like fried fish after it has been refrigrated, it usually gets thrown to the cats or whoever likes to eat fish the next day.
    I dont either. We leave the pan of left over fish sitting on the back of the stove covered with a paper towel. Now....talking about some more good the next day!!:D
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast