Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New From Tennessee (Music City)

Post Thanks / Like

Default New From Tennessee (Music City)

Hey guys im Josh from Nashville, Tn. Im new to crappie fishing period. I did one guided tour and I been hooked every since. I was wondering if anybody could give me tips on finding crappie in my area.

Here is the scenario, its 82 degrees here and I usually fish around 630pm - 11pm, and where I fish is the Cumberland River (Cheatam Lake area), that has a inlet near a boat dock full of yachts. The water under the yachts are only 4 to 6-7ft deep, the water surrounding the area maxes out around 8ft deep. I usually fish the sorrounding water because of the rules at the yacht club has. Now, I have caught about 3 crappie there before, but I want to catch alot more. What should I do?

Scenario 2:
    The opening to the main river is about a mile down the creek, and it drops off to 12ft and goes all the way to 30ft deep in the middle of the river. Is this where I should be fishing for this time of year or should I be back in the shallows. If so, what presentations should I use! I have been looking for brush piles but havent found any and this could be due to the fact it is a river (not much current at night), or it could be because im new to using a fishfinder.

Please help!
    P.S. I would love to find a fishing buddy in my area, so if you live near me pm me.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Mississippi.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

from Texas. Tennessee forum has lots of crappie experts. Enjoy.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Florida

Post Thanks / Like

Hey from Alabama.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Luvfatslabs is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from California
    Good luck and good fishing

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

from GEORGIA.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome from E TN. I would suggest you learn how to shoot docks since you mentioned the yatch club, should be some fish under the boat slips, etc. Lots of youtube videos on that as well as articles and such. I took it up this year and lots of fun. As to the rest of your area, you gotta go where the fish are, learn how to use your FF so you can find 'em. Crappie move around, gather up on structure, then move off, up and down in the water column, hang around points, drop offs, etc. Check out the Middle TN subforum, there should be some tips and methods in it. GL
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Missouri