Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why so few people?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why so few people?

Hey all I was just wondering why New Yorks Forum is so dead compared to the other states forums? I know down south its a HUGE deal. This seems like an awesome site and Id love to get New York cranking. I really think it would be beneficial to a lot of people if we got some more members on here. Does anybody have any ideas of how to get this thing going?

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know, do ya think maybe break forum into counties and start there.
    "It is not what we have that will make us a great nation; it is the way in which we use it." Theodore Roosevelt

Post Thanks / Like

Start small and build from there.I see some are from central ny but im right on the us canada border in niagara county. And to keep traveling to the finger lakes would be wayout of my fuel range. But if there were some members closer it would be easyer to get together for a day out more often.
    "It is not what we have that will make us a great nation; it is the way in which we use it." Theodore Roosevelt

Post Thanks / Like

Im not even saying a get together needs to happen (although it would be nice). I would just like to get more people turned onto this site. I am on another forum but I do not think its permitted to advertise this site on there. I think it would be awesome to get a good size group of guys that just report on this site.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking the same thing Chief, but there is that problem of the advertisment. You see on MFF the guys that tie jigs, have pics posted in the spring mostly. Would it hurt if you talked to one of the mods over there. You know those guys pretty well. Give it a shot.

Post Thanks / Like

My guess is that there aren't as many crappie fishermen in NY as there are in a lot of other states. I know that when I bring up the word "panfish" around here, I always hear "yeah, I gotta get me some perch".

I'm not sure, but I know growing up fishing Keuka Lake, we would catch maybe one crappie every couple years - just no numbers, so until I moved to where I have a couple small lakes that are full of them, I never targeted them. I think there's a lot of folks that just don't know what they're missing (especially in the way of table fare).

I haven't been posting much because I haven't been fishing much. Seems as I get older and grandkids get older, I'm always busy.

As for advertising, I put up a big fat link with graphics over on the Upstate fishing forum I run, unfortunately, my members there haven't been very active lately, so I'm not driving a whole lot of traffic this way from there either.

Post Thanks / Like

Not much crappie fisherman in NY. I've been searching for a good crappie spot for 3 years now, still nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

there are craploads of good crappie spots in NY - especially western NY - I have been fishing them since I was a teenager with great success. The thing with crappier fishermen around here is they are tight-lipped because of the assumption of "lack of crappie"....

Post Thanks / Like

niagarajiggin, how far west are you? I'm in Geneva, NY

I fish most of Central NY. In my Kayaks
    Wishing you Blue Skies and Tight Lines

Post Thanks / Like

I am much farther west - I am in the Chaffee/Arcade area and fish a lot of small lakes around here in my kayak

although I grew up in the Niagara River area -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast