Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Fishing Experience and Crappie.Com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Fishing Experience and Crappie.Com

I recently joined Crappie.Com. It was interesting how I learned of the site. I am at heart, or was for most of my life a Bass fisherman. I never would even try Crappie fishing until about 5 years ago when I relocated to the Central Missouri Region near Truman Lake. After two seasons of bass fishing I told my friend I would try Crappie Fishing with him. My friend who at the time was a fishing guide on Truman Lake took me to several great crappie holes. Since that day I have never fished for Bass intentionally again. To this day I only Crappie fish, and at times have to convince my old Bass buddies to Crappie fish with me. Somehow, an intense passion for Crappie fishing has filtered into my blood.

Since that day approximately 5 years ago I have learned a great deal about Crappie fishing. This past April I was camping and enjoying some good Crappie fishing at Truman Lake. That was when I encountered Tom-Tom. Tom-Tom and I began a conversation about my dog who was hanging out around the camp. After talking a while we decided to hang out and talk Crappie. After some time passed Tom-Tom invited me and my wife to come over to his camp. That was when we met Slab and Bill-Bob and learned about Crappie.Com. There was a huge Crappie.com banner around the other side of there camp that I hadn't noticed.

As we all began talking and having a good time I began to think these are some really nice folks, and how fortunate for the most part all they have to do is Crappie fish. After hearing of the gangs somewhat of a tough day of fishing. I asked Tom-Tom if he would like to go out fishing in the evening. He and I did go fishing. The first tree we came to Tom-Tom caught a nice fish. After running up the lake a bit Tom-tom and I began to discuss the many things that we had in common. Then we fished the second tree, the third tree, the fourth tree, I remember Tom-Tom catching nice fish at each tree. We then came to this one particular tree I had in mind Tom-Tom said put that big nice Shiner on there, of course I did. We both dropped in, as mine was hitting bottom Tom-Tom pulled out a nice 12 inch Crappie at the same time a very nice fish grabbed my Shiner on the bottom I could not get it in, it got away.

We proceeded back to the marina and Tom-Tom asked what I would make my screen name for Crappie.com. I thought of many names. We were very pleased with the amount of fish we had caught in a short evening journey. We all hung-out at camp and told stories throughout much of the night. I remember Bill-Bob wanting to hear George Jones as me and Tom-Tom listened to the Scorpions.

The next morning as we all prepared to leave the camp I was asked again about my screen-name and truly did not have any good ideas. A couple days later while attempting to register to Crappie.com, it came to me, Shiner is going to be my screen name. Since that time I have been exploring the Crappie.com website and learning about crappie adventures. I have also maintained contact with Slab, Tom-Tom, and when he does resurface at times Bill-Bob, by the way Hi Bill-Bob I hope your reading this. What great people are members of the Crappie community and of this website.

I am planning to fish the Crappie Masters MO State Championship at the end of August and hope to see some of you there, and look forward to meeting more members in the Missouri Region thanks for making Crappie fishing what it is today.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Florida. And yea there is some great people on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Great story Shiner. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family that day, and especially Brenna Ann. I think you said this was her second camping trip, and she was only one month old. I'm sure she's going to grow up to be a fine fishing partner.

Here's the article I wrote about that trip. Its the Stranger Danger Story:
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/conte...er-danger.html
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharin' that Shiner. You just never know where your conversation will lead you sometimes. Oh, and from Texas too.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Great story Shiner . Welcome from Mississippi !

Post Thanks / Like

Hey from Alabama

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from GEORGIA.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Luvfatslabs is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from cali

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Ms
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS