Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Reelfoot on Sunday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot on Sunday

Me and another guy fished Reelfoot on Sunday for bream. Talked to the guy at Gray's camp in the morning while we were getting bait and he said he went out on Saturday and three of them caught 84 in four hours. He said find holes in the lily pads and gaps where the lilypads do not meet the shoreline. We tried this for 6 hours and only had 8 bream. After that we decided to find our own method. Starting driving through creeks and such and saw a few people in the pads that managed to find a bed. Maybe we were not giving them enough time who knows. We starting fishing cypress tree in about two foot of water and in the next 6 hours we managed to bring home a total of 54 bream and 2 crappie. Wish we could have found them earlier in the day. Any of you people got any secrets we may have missed. Do not know the exact location where we were but I know we put in at Gray's camp and went in the chuete to the right. Somewhere back in there after it opened up we starting catching them.

Post Thanks / Like

know exactly where you were. That whole area is aprox 2-3 foot deep. Have been there many times.
    "Dats.........uhh......NO-ICE.........FUSH!"

-Al Linder

Post Thanks / Like

Default any size??

Are you guys catching anything with any size to them??

I've stopped going to Reelfoot because the only thing we ever caught there were small fry 'gills.

All I ever heard about were the big black dinner plate 'gills at Reelfoot. The only thing I caught and the only thing I saw people cleaning at the cleaning stations were SMALL 'gills. Maybe all these folks keeping 50 minnow sized 'gills is the problem.

Post Thanks / Like

I do not keep anything real small and in the last 2 weeks we had 56 last week and 40 this week of those big black bream.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeremy-
    What part of the lake are you fishing? I'm coming up the last of June for the first time in over 15 years. Where is the deep water? and where are the good trees?