Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake O' The Pines Results

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Lake O' The Pines Results

Just got back in from 6 days of camping on Lake O' The Pines. Fishing is still slow in the daytime. The Crappie are still scattered with better results in 18' of water. They are still in the shallow creeks with the water temp. in the mid 60's. We need a cold front to make the water temp. in the 40-50's to drive them out in the deep channel in 30-45'. I got a new member from over in Texas to join the Texas Board. His name is "Wild Bill". I fished with him Monday and he did his first post about out trip yesterday. He was being nice about the results that we caught 19. We brought back 19 and threw back 15-18 that was under the Texas 10" slot limit. We must have caught seems like 50-60 "Yellow Bellies"(threw them all back). We filet'd fish Tuesday Morning and had fried fresh Crappie filets for lunch.OOOOOOOOOOOOOGood. We had most of our luck at night with a coleman lantern out. We was in Wild Bill's pontoon boat & when we loaded it Tuesday Night it was dark and when we pulled the pontoon boat out of the water, one of his pontoons got hung up on a roller and bent it very bad. We hope it didn't poke a hole in the pontoon. In case it did and he needs to repair it, if someone out there has had this kind of bad luck before or works on Aluminum Pontoons, give Wild Bill a post on the Texas Board or reply to this for any suggestions. Thanks

R & R
    "Just one more drop of my Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey R & R ....Sounds like you are having a good time anyway. Wish I was there instead of here. keep the posts going. I am enjoying reading them when I get a chance to get online. I'm still down here with the Rattle Snakes and catus. Ready to come to north Louisiana...
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default South of Ruston....

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    Hey R & R ....Sounds like you are having a good time anyway. Wish I was there instead of here. keep the posts going. I am enjoying reading them when I get a chance to get online. I'm still down here with the Rattle Snakes and catus. Ready to come to north Louisiana...

Hi, Tommy......
    Dave and I wish you were here too, we're headed to C. Friday. My sister showed up yesterday and I've got 'till Monday to fish. It's been a wet day here in NW LA, supposed to reach the high thirties tonite. R & R is going back to Lake o' the Pines Friday to have another run at the TX crappies. With my sister here, I have been to most of the bait shops to renew my jig supplies. Finally found some Stren Gold "Hi Vis" for my dock shooter rig. We're planning to have some Rosy Reds with us this time, just in case they won't hit our jigs. With my luck this year, they probably won't bite the minnows either.. lol! We've got plenty of Nibbles too, and every color of Fin-S-Shad I could find.

Be careful with those rattlers and the cactus.....we want you in good shape when you get back. :D