Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello to all!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello to all!

This a great forum- thank you for all of the great information.
    I am a newbie here as well as "beginning again" crappie fisherman on
    Lake Murray. I fished the lake uhhhh....back in the mid to late 80's... Aka a long time ago and have just recently moved back to Lexington and only about 5 mins from the lake. I have a 15' aluminum boat that I am working on currently to get out on the lake and plan to purchase a good quality down scan ff very soon to assist an old man in his fishing adventures. I am looking for fishing buddy's, advice and just all around enjoyment of fishing for slabs so thank you all again from SC!

BTW- I will soon need the advice for a good crappie guide and/or marked waypoints for hotspots that I can purchase for the lake will be much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

From Texas and to the forum/site. Your in the right place to ask questions, gather information and
    share knowledge. Enjoy.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Crappie.com SCRebel. Visit us on the SC board and you will find some help about Murray. Not sure you will get waypoints but some good starting points.

Ronnie
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome guys. Stump, I appreciate your invite to SC Forum I will be over there soon. I have seen individual guys or guides advertise selling their waypoints to supposedly good locations. I guess what I am trying to say is I am willing to pay to get a heads up on the lake. The way I used to fish Murray in the past was sitting over deep brush piles with minnows & jigs. My bro in law and I had set several piles ourselves and we had a guide show us more deep piles- you had to know where to look & triangulate those spots cause we had no gps- remember Loran-C? - couldnt afford that technology at the time!! We only had an old portable hummingbird flasher to find our piles and half the time we couldnt find it at all we would cast in the area until we either found the brush by getting hung or getting frustrated and leaving.
    I have just bought a nice little 15' aluminum boat with a 50 hp motor which is a little project I am working on. I ordered parts for the engine and hope to have her running soon. I havea 45 lb thrust tm so I tried it out up at Monticello fishing with my girlfriend. Found the old Eagle fish finder STINKS to heck and back I think we got better results with our old flasher unit so new electronics being bought as early birthday present for myself which is coming up in a couple of weeks so I am trying to get her running by then.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Florida

Post Thanks / Like

Hey from Alabama.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Missouri

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from GEORGIA.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Mississippi.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Indiana
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast