Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Slide mount not a quick release

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slide mount not a quick release

I have searched on here and the web till im about tired of looking
    Do any of yall know were to get a slide mount for a terova i have one of the quick releases that BPS and Cabelas sales but thats not what i need i need a mount i can slide back so the end of the trolling motor is not hanging over the side of the boat

The quick release does slide and that is what most people are considering a slide mount but it only locks in one place and i know i can drill another hole and move the locking wing bolt but the base apears to short for this application

I have found a couple of other threads on the subject but they have all ended with no real answer so i thought i would try again

I hope someone can help

Post Thanks / Like

man that is the real problem with the entire power drive line of Minn Kota motors, (which I own and also sell, so im not bashing, just stating the obvious) . The design is...well...bad. You cant mount them without sticking out over the front of the boat a foot. Really MK? Comon!

I saw a couple of years ago the bracket you want in a Bass Pro or Cabelas mag and thought, NICE! THATS what I need. By the time I got around to being ready to order one, I couldnt find it. And still cant. It must not have worked well because I dont see them any more. The quick connects come in one that slides (like you mentioned) but only to take on and off, not to adjust back or forward. Somone needs to make one for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Design one that you think will work and take to a Machinist and have them make you one. You may be able to get a patent on it if it works as you want it to. Just a thought. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    Design one that you think will work and take to a Machinist and have them make you one. You may be able to get a patent on it if it works as you want it to. Just a thought. EB
    Well, Im not really in the trolling motor building business as say...Minn Kota would be. I may be going out on a limb here, but it seems to ME, that making the mount that has been like that for about 7 years, into a better design would be to their advantage. No?

Post Thanks / Like

Buy two of the slide plates, mount both of them (making sure they are aligned) to an aluminum plate, then mount to your boat. I did something similiar for a guy along with a few other mods since the front of his boat was odd. I could make something from scratch also, he just already had the slide plates so it made since.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

good idea. BTW Eager Beaver, I see now this is what you meant as well, the bracket, not the trolling motor. Sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

I too had the same problem in that it stuck out too far to get my cover on the boat. I ended up doing as you said and drilling another hole in the slide mount and in my install it gave me just enough room to get my cover over the motor. I wish I had thought about using two mounting bases because I've also thought about having an extra motor side mount that would allow me to swap my Terrova out with a cable type trolling motor and having a long base plate would give me a lot of flexibility.