Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what does your a melanoma look like?

Post Thanks / Like

Default what does your a melanoma look like?

I spend 7 to 9 hours a day on the water when I fish, and I have a few lumps and bumps to show for it now, despite using sunscreen and sombrero. what does your skin cancer look like?
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

My dad has bad spots appear on him periodically. They usually knot up and almost firm a pimple like head. He has to get them cut out and then is stitched up. They are a form of skin cancer, but fortunately not the most severe kind.

Post Thanks / Like

make an appointment with a dermotologist quick. get checked out. melanoma is one of the worst kinds of cancer. if not caught in the early stages it is almost always terminal.

Post Thanks / Like

Melanoma - SkinCancer.org - The Skin Cancer Foundation ...
    What Is Melanoma? The most dangerous form of skin cancer, these cancerous growths develop when unrepaired DNA damage to skin cells (most often caused by ultraviolet ...
    Melanoma - SkinCancer.org - Cached

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olduckhunter View Post
    make an appointment with a dermotologist quick. get checked out.
    Absolutely. Don't waste time asking a bunch of crappie fishermen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gone fishin' View Post
    I spend 7 to 9 hours a day on the water when I fish, and I have a few lumps and bumps to show for it now, despite using sunscreen and sombrero. what does your skin cancer look like?
    Although its important to cover up and use sunscreen, most of the damage that can happen to your skin has already happened. Summer vacation in your school years takes care of that. I was taking a fly casting class recently and some of the older guys in the class were sharing skin cancer "war stories". One guy said, "I grew up in Alabama and, once school let out, my standard uniform was a pair of shorts and no shirt."

Post Thanks / Like

get to a dermatologist asap...that stuff will kill you quick undetected....I just lost a friend and a relative to it in the last year

everybody who has had severe sun exposure when they were young should have a checkup yearly

my friend had it hidden by his hair and didn't notice it until a real sore spot developed...then like most of us do he figured it would go away so he waited...wrong choice...

my relative got it detected in the early stages, had it removed and was told "we got it all, no need to come back for a recheck"....WRONG....it came back in a few months and killed him

remember "doctors bury their mistakes!"

Post Thanks / Like

Melanoma is not common, but basal cell carcinoma is about as common as hair in the ears. I have over 700 Medicare clients and see skin cancer claims weekly from my old guys, mostly just a cut and stitch claim, no treatment. BCC is not internal cancer, but Malignant Melanoma is considered "internal" cancer.

Still, get checked.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buffresources View Post
    get to a dermatologist asap...that stuff will kill you quick undetected....I just lost a friend and a relative to it in the last year

everybody who has had severe sun exposure when they were young should have a checkup yearly

my friend had it hidden by his hair and didn't notice it until a real sore spot developed...then like most of us do he figured it would go away so he waited...wrong choice...

my relative got it detected in the early stages, had it removed and was told "we got it all, no need to come back for a recheck"....WRONG....it came back in a few months and killed him

remember "doctors bury their mistakes!"
    I never heard of a doctor that said they didnt want to see you again. They are like lawyers , all they want is to suck you dry.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast