Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another new one from Louisiana!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yet another new one from Louisiana!

Hello all,

Brand new here. I'm from Southwest Louisiana. Lots of fish here but can't seem to catch them. I fish from a kayak which may be good or bad depending on your preference. I really don't have much of a clue about fishing but I like to try. No idea on how to fish for Crappie. Not sure what one looks like except from pics. Need to find out what kind of rigs to use. I've fished for bass (w/o much luck). Do you use the same stuff?

Don't laugh, gotta start somewhere!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Florida. Try slow rolling some 1/16thoz roadrunners around some wood. Also make sure and drop in the Louisiana forum and get some lake specific info in there

Post Thanks / Like

Won't anyone here laugh at 'ya! If it were me (and I've done it), I'd be spending my spare time reading as much here as I possibly could. Your bass gear will likely be a bit heavy (especially line), but it's never bad to have an excuse to buy more/new gear, right? Jigs and minnows will be your friends.

How far south/west are you? I'm heading south this fall (with Kayak) and will be looking for some members to meet-up with and fish (or just shoot the breeze), just not sure I'll be that far south/west.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum Daily fishin. You are off to a good start by coming here. I fish Southwest LA too so we need to get together. I have a Jackson Cuda and am catching a few crappies and doing better as time goes on.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome.... I'm just learning myself, and I have learned a ton of stuff since joining. Just type in the search window the topic you have a question about or place you want to fish ........ read the threads and glean the tips..... Then Go get 'em
    I have not yet begun to procrastinate .....

Post Thanks / Like

From Texas too. Read, read and read some more. Your in the right place to learn. Enjoy.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to crappie.com, youll get the hang of it soon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMoon View Post
    How far south/west are you? I'm heading south this fall (with Kayak) and will be looking for some members to meet-up with and fish (or just shoot the breeze), just not sure I'll be that far south/west.
    pretty far south. I actually live in Rayne La, along I-10 considered southwest part of the state. a lot of guys fish salt water here, even in the kayaks. Tried that too, no luck yet though...

Keep us posted when/where you might go.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from GEORGIA.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bumpaw View Post
    Welcome to the forum Daily fishin. You are off to a good start by coming here. I fish Southwest LA too so we need to get together. I have a Jackson Cuda and am catching a few crappies and doing better as time goes on.
    I see you are from Abbeville. where do you normally go?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast