Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where are the Good size crappie biting ??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where are the Good size crappie biting ??

Another crazy spring,Is there any good crappie fishing left in the state for the memorial weekend ? I am heading up to Central Wisconsin for the long weekend and then I am going to roam the state for a few days. Post a reply or pm me. Post some crappie reports here, Our state reports are lacking. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Castle Rock lake or Petenwell, both in central WI. Heard some reports regarding crappie were hitting. Castle R. try slip floats set about 5' using minnows and/or jigs, drifting. Try to find the break into the old river channel (most are about 7') in the western side of CR. Petenwell: find the river channels and fish the edges. You can also troll cranks in both lakes, run about 12-15' down.

Post Thanks / Like

Langlade county, Vilas and Forest. In shallow. 5/28 today. This is the week, big problem is the crummy weather. Yesterday winds, today cold/drizzle - tomorrow hopefully a nice day. Guys telling me crappies won't look at minnows but they are taking my flies.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Flyrod man. I am heading up to Vilas and UP next week for about 10-15 days of traveling(hobo'n) it around seeing the different areas. Maybe Mercer for a few days-copper harbour - maybe dead river/Chicagoan lakes and back down to vilas.