Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Nebraska Crappie Trail (NCT)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nebraska Crappie Trail (NCT)

Hey folks,
    I’m still pursuing this whole Nebraska crappie club idea and finally got something on paper. Here’s the link to the facebook community page:http://www.facebook.com/NebraskaCrappieTrail (like us!)There’s not a whole lot there yet, but another individual is in the creative stage of putting a website together. Of course, once we’ve obtained enough interest bylaws, club activates, and tournament rules and locations will be voted upon. There are plenty of ideas floating around, but I would like to see more opinions and comments on what everyone would like to see before writing it in stone. I’m hoping to have a membership drive and/or tournament this fall and was hoping for support and promotion by word of mouth.

Thanks
    Last edited by Bill Sellers; 05-22-2012 at 11:17 PM. Reason: forgot link
    "Indeed, the single biggest reason we're not catching fish spring, summer, winter, or fall is that there are no fish where we're fishing."

Gord Pyzer

Post Thanks / Like

I'll spread the word with local fishermen about the facebook page. Sounds like a great idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Curious if anyone has an opinion on these matters:
    Whether the tournaments should be strictly boat angling or allow both bank and boat anglers to participate.
    A membership drive, get together so to speak, (with raffled prizes) so we can discuss/finalize the 2013 tournaments or actually hold a tournament this Fall.
    I currently have in the rules that the tournaments will be a 5 fish limit per team, total weight (harvest/release), format. Option 2: Total catch & release with a photo and scorecard method
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    "Indeed, the single biggest reason we're not catching fish spring, summer, winter, or fall is that there are no fish where we're fishing."

Gord Pyzer

Post Thanks / Like

As a bank fishermen, my opinion would be a bank and boat participation. I think with that it would leave the door open to younger anglers.

Post Thanks / Like

Update,
    I’ve decided to go with a total catch and release format…and yes there is a website now
    Nebraska Crappie Trail | Created for Nebraska crappie anglers
    Of course, as you’ll see, the website is currently under construction and updates will be following soon. A big thanks goes out to Tim Miller for making the website. Check it periodically for updates and let me know about any questions.
    Thanks to all that have commented…it’s helped a ton.
    I’m hoping for two tournaments later this summer or fall. One out West, Johnson or Jeffery and one back East, Branched Oak etc…if anyone has opinions on good locations, please speak up. Next season, I would like to see a total of 5 or 6 tournaments spread throughout the state.
    Thanks again and I’ll keep the forward progress.
    As a side note, I’m working on an official measuring board (required for all NCT tournaments) that can be purchased at the tournaments or at the vendor…a bump board has not been selected yet, but will probably only cost 5$. Contestants will be able to rent the bump board by the day also.

Gord Pyzer

Post Thanks / Like

Another Update,
    Unfortunately, I will not be able to have any tournaments scheduled this fall due to time constraint and/or personal conflict. Although, I will get something put together later this winter and have the tournament schedule and trail finalized for next season.

Gord Pyzer