Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: CrappieLogic jigs review

Post Thanks / Like

Default CrappieLogic jigs review

First i must say, the jigs look fantastic! Great job!

I'll admit, i made an error when i ordered them, i had jigs that were 1/64oz and jigs that were 1/16oz. The idea was to get more 1/16oz jigs, but i was so quick with the point click and buy that i didn't realize i ordered 1/32nd oz, nor did i notice you had more designs than just the two that i saw.

But it worked in my favor today. As the 1/64oz were too small and the 1/16oz were too heavy. Today the 1/32oz worked perfectly. It was the one with the pink jighead and the yellow and blue tail that they really hit on in the shade. Together i pulled in 22 bluegills and sunfish from one spot! Varying from 4 - 9". I did have to clip off about a 1/4" of the tail so they would bite closer to the hook. They didn't seem to want to engulf it, just lightly tap it. A few times i added a 1/4" or less of a worm to get a more secure bite from them.

I probably would have had more if my stomach didn't feel so hungry, plus i was thirsty for some water. Eventually the cooler was getting full and 3 bluegill somehow forced the lid open and jumped back into the water, so i put all of them back and counted them. Then i decided to make a few more casts to get rid of the little bit of worm on the jig when a bluegill nabbed the end of it. I thought that would make number 23, but i watched as he came off along with the little piece of worm. As i saw the jig drop back down, i saw largemouth bass come up out of the murky water and engulf the jig.

Oh yes! I brought him in, and i got a clean hook set with him too.

Needless to say, i put him back. Packed up my gear and left. 22 bluegill and sunfish was a good day, but the bass was the cherry on the whole trip.

Jigs looked great in the water. There was a lot of pursuit with them. Sunfish seemed to hit it hard when it flashed a little in the sun, bluegill stuck in the shade. But there was times where i started the retrieve, i already felt tension and knew it had already swallowed it no more than 2 seconds after it the water! I might go back out later this evening when the crappie will come into the shallow waters to feed.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes.....Donnie ties some great jigs. Order some knats from him and tip them with a minnow hooked thru the lips.....the crappie cannot resist them.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good report Brother Carter. I wonder if we are related. Shoot me a pm.d. Take care my friend
    Reverend Michael Carter
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Yes.....Donnie ties some great jigs. Order some knats from him and tip them with a minnow hooked thru the lips.....the crappie cannot resist them.
    X2

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS

Post Thanks / Like

No one in my family with the name Michael.

Post Thanks / Like

hey Chris glad you like em and I hope you get on some crappie good fishing to ya!
    Crappie Logic - (662) 418-2038