Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have one of the B&M Buck's Gold Jig Poles?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone have one of the B&M Buck's Gold Jig Poles?

Do any of you have or had one of the Buck’s Gold Jig Pole? I love the IM8 Wally Pro Series I have, but broke the tip and can't get them any more and they were IM8.

I really am thinking about trying one of these. Also can anyone compare this rod to the Wally Pro Series Rods Bass Pro uses to sell and I am talking about the 10' model as I have a 12' Wally Pro Series ones, but it's a bit heavier than I want.

Any help I would appreciate,

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Skip, I use the same rods and love them. Bass Pro now sells the Crappie Maxx. I was hoping it was the same rod, with a different name. Do you know different? If it isn't, I will have to start looking for another brand also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Skip, I use the same rods and love them. Bass Pro now sells the Crappie Maxx. I was hoping it was the same rod, with a different name. Do you know different? If it isn't, I will have to start looking for another brand also.
    I just looked at several of their crappie Maxx rods and all were IM 6 and the Wally Pro Series rods were IM 8. I still see some have some of the other Wally rods, but none are the IM 8 rods.

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know first hand, but read up on the Gold rod, because I thought about buying one. Read a lot of reviews on line, and read people saying they break fairly easy, so I decided against them.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Breaking easy is not a good thing for sure. Thanks for that info!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Loook at the crappiemaxx pro series, they should IM8 - I have sevreal & love them. No problem with breaking & have caught several large catfish on it.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had also heard of the gold breaking easily, but no first hand experience. I like the Sam Heaton 9' rods but I can only find them at wal mart. Good balance and sensitivity. The Crappie max have several different actions and there's quite a difference between them, I was surprised when I tried them in the aisle. I have a 10' all pro that I like a lot, better than my BGJP by BnM. Hypalon handles and slip rings, and I think you want cork and a fixed seat. BnM makes one called "The Difference" that was designed for trolling and side pulling with lighter weights, you might look into one of those. I found a few of the crappie maxx to my liking, I think they were light or medium light action. I don't like a noodle. Good luck in your search, there's a lot to choose from.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by specktacklure View Post
    Loook at the crappiemaxx pro series, they should IM8 - I have sevreal & love them. No problem with breaking & have caught several large catfish on it.
    Your right. when I looked the first time it was how BPS had them listed and the link to see the info looked like it belonged to the one below so I clicked on the wrong one.

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Skip,
    i have been using gold poles since they first came out and have not had any problems with them that was not my fault. I like the cork handle, spinning rod eyes and it is very light. I even use them to spider rig pushin 1/2 oz weights, no problem very nice pole imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    do any of you have or had one of the buck’s gold jig pole? I love the im8 wally pro series i have, but broke the tip and can't get them any more and they were im8.

I really am thinking about trying one of these. Also can anyone compare this rod to the wally pro series rods bass pro uses to sell and i am talking about the 10' model as i have a 12' wally pro series ones, but it's a bit heavier than i want.

Any help i would appreciate,

skip
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 05-22-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you REDEYE50 I appreciate the info! It seems toe this rod and the Crappie Maxx Pro are the only rods that seem to fit what the Wally Pro Series was. I only have the one with broke top, but I liked having one different than my others which are mostly BnM Buck's Ultimate at least that are 10' rods. I do have one other, but don't use it much because it doesn't have a cork handle which I like!
    May have to try one each if these two rods.

Peak Vise Dealer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast