Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kentucky Lake

Anyone give a report on Ky. Lake. Wife and I are planning on coming down the 1st week in June. Wondering if the white bass have started up yet. Going to fish for them and bluegill and catfish. Not sure about crappie fishing. Could you tell me if you can use lights in Ky. Can't wait to get down there.
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kentucky Lake Fishing

Hi Mike, I live on Kentucky Lake close to the Big Sandy River. I was on the water yesterday crappie fishing and caught 80 crappie and 43 were keepers. As far as the bream they are biting really good right now and the catfish are slow. I have not seen any white bass surfacing the last three or four times that I have been out. I do not know what the bass will be doing the first part of June, but I would think the catfish will be starting to finish up their spawn, but you should still be able to catch some. The bream should still be biting fairly good as should the crappie.

"SEE YOU AT THE FISHING HOLE" GUIDE SERVICE

Donald

Post Thanks / Like

Hey "Gone Fishing" . What technique were you using? Trolling, tight-lining, or bobbers. How deep? And What type of structure? Just wanting to see what is working on Ky Lake. Any help would appreciated.
    But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Post Thanks / Like

I will probably be down there around the 4th. Kind of torn between Ky. Lake and reelfoot. I have not been to reelfoot in about 5 years and my wife has never been but I think both of us have decided on Ky lake because we want to take the boat. Want to camp also but that's pretty far to haul the camper and boat both. Maybe I'll see some of you guys on the water.
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kentucky Lake

Keeper, I was spider rigging, fishing about 10 to 13 feet of water over manmade structures with jigs that had white head, purple body, and chartruese tail tipped with a minnow. We tipped a few with nibbles, but we caught more fish with the minnows.

Donald

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kentucky Lake

Sounds like the crappie are still biting pretty good. This is one fish that I can't seem to catch when I am there. We have been going to Kentucky Lake about the last 6 years and I sadly missed going last year and did not get to come this spring so looking forward to this trip. Are you allowed to fish with lights in Kentucky. Would like to try some night fishing while we are there.
    Thanks for the help.
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Mike lights are legal in Kentucky, do you have a Gps? if so I can give you some places to fish on Barkley that I think you might catch some fish.

THE BANDIT
    1 Corinthians 2:2.----Nothing else counts!!
    "This one thing I know, and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

Post Thanks / Like

Never fished in Barkely Bandit and no I don't have a GPS. We always manage to find fish so I just have not purchased one yet. I do have a map of Kentucky lake and could get one for Barkely also. Usually just fish in Jonathan creek and around the Kenlake area. I have not been far on the lake at all. Looking forward to coming down though.
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

Has anybody fished the Hogs back/Gwinn island area??

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Eddy Creek Bandit, I fish Barkley anytime I get to go fishing. Live in Nashville Tn area so I don't get down a LOT. Any help you could give me would be appreciated. I fish from the bridge south in Tn. but would fish in KY if I knew some places to start. Thanks.
    But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast